LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Is that FWD?
1,172 Posts
In stock form they are gimped but still run about 13.8 or so. With the 5 Star Tune, it should be putting down around 365 HP to the wheels and around 500 tq to the wheels. So it'll probably run 12s with just the tune.

There are guys well into the 11s with simple bolt-ons (Whipple IC, downpipes) and a more aggressive tune (along with running E50 or E85).

I went with 5 Star due to the ability to buy the 5 year powertrain warranty, though. They'll re-tune the Exploder for free if I go through them for my bolt-on purchases, too.
Nice, my Durango currently does 4.1 seconds from 0-60mph with just an intake. I want to start some mods soon, but not sure since it drives great already. This was with launch mode enabled, step on brake and floor it at same time, release brake, set it to 3000 rpm launch. This Durango has the 3.70 rear end, so lauches hard.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Your discount is what a gto goes for nowadays. Lol
Sadly that's mostly true. I wouldn't part with mine for under 20K, it has under 19K miles on it :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
I DD my GTO for 9 years, last year I got an Xterra, so now my GTO can rest in the comfort and safety of the garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You guys have some nice winter beaters. Mines a 2008 Gmc 2500hd 4x4 Crew 6.0l gas with 4.10 gears for extra (poor) mileage lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Neither would I. Just turned 18k.

·
[Indicating]
2,511 Posts
Nice, my Durango currently does 4.1 seconds from 0-60mph with just an intake. I want to start some mods soon, but not sure since it drives great already. This was with launch mode enabled, step on brake and floor it at same time, release brake, set it to 3000 rpm launch. This Durango has the 3.70 rear end, so lauches hard.
Be careful with the 6.4. They are not completely maxed from factory, but they certainly don't like boost and a bunch of mods. I'd say headers, CAI, exhaust, and a tune and that's it.

I enjoyed my Jeep SRT quite a bit. Fun ride. I do admit that I found that the Jeep SRT's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were favorable compared to actual track times.

I am going to buy a Draggy for the Explorer since I really have no desire to go to the track. Take a look into them. I think you'll get much more accurate numbers - about what you'd see at the track with regards to accuracy.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
1,019 Posts
No, my GTO is my DD, as was my '87 Camaro for 19 years, and the '55 Chevy I had before that. Learned to drive in the snow in the '55 with crappy nearly-bald Sears tires (that's what my dad had put on) and no limited-slip. At least the Camaro had a limited-slip and good tires, and it did pretty well with 200 lbs of sand in the "trunk" well.

·
Worthless reject member
45,033 Posts
No, my GTO is my DD, as was my '87 Camaro for 19 years, and the '55 Chevy I had before that. Learned to drive in the snow in the '55 with crappy nearly-bald Sears tires (that's what my dad had put on) and no limited-slip. At least the Camaro had a limited-slip and good tires, and it did pretty well with 200 lbs of sand in the "trunk" well.
good tires and weight over the axle is where it's at in a rwd anything.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
277 Posts
Be careful with the 6.4. They are not completely maxed from factory, but they certainly don't like boost and a bunch of mods. I'd say headers, CAI, exhaust, and a tune and that's it.

I enjoyed my Jeep SRT quite a bit. Fun ride. I do admit that I found that the Jeep SRT's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were favorable compared to actual track times.

I am going to buy a Draggy for the Explorer since I really have no desire to go to the track. Take a look into them. I think you'll get much more accurate numbers - about what you'd see at the track with regards to accuracy.

I have a draggy, it is very accurate. I use it on my GTO and my bro uses it with his viper. All runs are very consistent and I've used it to baseline mods(before/after).

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I'm jealous. I want a snorkel on my bronco but it would have to be custom. View attachment 507285
its came in handy a few times in the past. filled my interior up to the bottom of the front seat when nose down in a hole. by the time i was pulled out water was pouring out the speaker grill in the door.

now its less beat on the truck and keep it reliable to haul the dirtbike around

21 - 40 of 52 Posts