LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I am sitting at a red light, just minding my own business, on the way between the two buldings at which I work. I see a bit of black and red in my rear view and who should pull up next to me but a red dent ridden Dodge Neon with an flat black fiberglass bumper and hood. As a joke, really just a joke, I revved the motor. "Bruoooomm Bruoooom" said I. Brrrararp Brrarrap said the Neon. ( I thought they said 'Hi')

the light changed, off we went. I took first gear a little easy, I wanted to see what the neon could do. He hung so I hit 2nd hard and pulled a bit. He still hung on my drivers side door, not bad little neon. I mashed to third, pulled a bit more. I got's him now and he is falling back. We are running out of road. At this point I feel I've done enough dammage to my truck so I let off as I shifted to 4. Yep you read that right. He was fighting my 6 cyl, 3.9 ltr Dodge Dakota. No mods, twisted front end and p'poor alignment. I had fun and he works at my company, I can't wait to catch him with the goat...

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember a neon rental in Car Craft (I think that was the mag). They grafted in a NOS kit and beat the car into the mid 13's. There was nothing left to it when they brought it back to the rental agency.. This was sometime @ 1998

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Apparently the SR4-T's run pretty quick in the quarter up here. But if you run across one wanting to race - just tell him you'll go from a 70 mph roll...
;)

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
and those 3.9L V6's in Dakota's weren't exactly runners. :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CMNTMXR57 said:
and those 3.9L V6's in Dakota's weren't exactly runners. :D
You can only imagine how hard it is to drive the truck on those rainy days... :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts