LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys last night i did it [email protected]

Very impressive for a basically stock car with a few bolt ons. My mods include SLP pulley, LPE intake, headers, cat-back, LPE tcm, torque converter, 150 shot. Wich means the car has a stock tune, stock intake manifold, stock cam, stock heads, stock suspension. My sixty foot on this pass on 17in drs was a 1.53 as far as weight the only thing removed was the passenger seat and the back seat to make up for the weight of the roll bar. Video soon to come.:gears: :gears: :gears:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
congrats, but a stock tune with 150shot?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
WOW Time slip post would be cool to see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dbluegoat said:
congrats, but a stock tune with 150shot?

Thanks, the car has been tuned on the dyno for nitrous meaning with nitrous and fuel jets. The ecu is stock, still running on the factory tune.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
TURBO-GTO2 said:
Thanks, the car has been tuned on the dyno for nitrous meaning with nitrous and fuel jets. The ecu is stock, still running on the factory tune.
I don't understand. If you tuned the car for nitrous then you changed the factory tune. IE fuel,timing trim's correct? or am I missing something. Or did you just dyno the car with the nitrous changing jets and leave the factory tune.

If the second case is true then I wish you luck with a the 150 shot on a lot of passes. I was running way lean with ( Dry 150 shot) on a stock tune. Not a good thing. :bomb:

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
if you got in dyno tuned then it has an aftermarket tune.......

if you dont mind........at what rpm are you spraying, what are your shift points?

what converter? and what system are you using?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holeshot said:
I don't understand. If you tuned the car for nitrous then you changed the factory tune. IE fuel,timing trim's correct? or am I missing something. Or did you just dyno the car with the nitrous changing jets and leave the factory tune.

If the second case is true then I wish you luck with a the 150 shot on a lot of passes. I was running way lean with ( Dry 150 shot) on a stock tune. Not a good thing. :bomb:
The second case is true, the car runs fine, thats what the dyno is for. If the car was running lean i'd do something about it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rosm187 said:
if you got in dyno tuned then it has an aftermarket tune.......

if you dont mind........at what rpm are you spraying, what are your shift points?

what converter? and what system are you using?
This car has a stock tune, spraying at 3500 rpm, 6200rpm shift points through the LPE module, Yank 3600 stall, NX efi wet kit.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
TURBO-GTO2 said:
This car has a stock tune, spraying at 3500 rpm, 6200rpm shift points through the LPE module, Yank 3600 stall, NX efi wet kit.
Sweet time's Congrats :)

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
odd how you have almost the same time as smitty, but 4 mph slower, and no cam.......or fast 90....., or tune.

idk how your doing it on a stock tune, i guess being wet makes it easier.....

would you mind posting the 1/8mile times and such, just to compare...

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
rosm187 said:
odd how you have almost the same time as smitty, but 4 mph slower, and no cam.......or fast 90....., or tune.

idk how your doing it on a stock tune, i guess being wet makes it easier.....

would you mind posting the 1/8mile times and such, just to compare...
there's been alot of odd shit around here lately.....looks like all these FI, heads, cam guys are wasting their money.....:drink: ;)

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
well, either he made a dyno run, or got a dyno tune.....

i know you can slap it on and get an A/F read...plus he said " the car has been tuned on the dyno"

idk if he means.....he got the right nitrous jets in and played with A/f........

and if on stock tune, wouldnt he still have TM

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
rosm187 said:
well, either he made a dyno run, or got a dyno tune.....

i know you can slap it on and get an A/F read...plus he said " the car has been tuned on the dyno"

idk if he means.....he got the right nitrous jets in and played with A/f........

and if on stock tune, wouldnt he still have TM

the car has been tuned on the dyno for nitrous meaning with nitrous and fuel jets.
you can still have a stock tune with n2o. how do you think us old school carb guys tune n2o :p

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
i know.....what i ment was.........he did a few runs, and got the right a/f by changing jets.....

i know what your saying.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jbss71 said:
you can still have a stock tune with n2o. how do you think us old school carb guys tune n2o :p
Thank you jbss71 for clearing that up. Thank you guys for all the props, my friend is working on the video so hopefully it will be done soon and posted up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts