LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the new 18" chrome forged rims from MC2. Designed for our new GTOs they are ready fit and use the stock center cap. With 245/40/18 they are 9 pounds lighter than stock set-up. See attached photo. They will be available in 6 weeks. MC2 produces in Long Beach Calif. and produces for the O.E. market. They fitted, installed and then did a photo shoot with my car for thier catalog and web-site. In this photo I was parked on a slope - they do fill the wheel well same as stock as with the 40s it is same overall diam. What do you guys think?
Lenny
Red Hot in LA
red/red M6

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
thats pretty cool, any more pics ?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Red Hot said:
I just received the new 18" chrome forged rims from MC2. Designed for our new GTOs they are ready fit and use the stock center cap. With 245/40/18 they are 9 pounds lighter than stock set-up. See attached photo. They will be available in 6 weeks. MC2 produces in Long Beach Calif. and produces for the O.E. market. They fitted, installed and then did a photo shoot with my car for thier catalog and web-site. In this photo I was parked on a slope - they do fill the wheel well same as stock as with the 40s it is same overall diam. What do you guys think?
Lenny
Red Hot in LA
red/red M6

those are pretty sweet. how much $$$

·
Registered
308 Posts
The data I work with indicates the stock tire (245/45 x 17) has a diameter of 25.68". The same source indicates a diameter of 25.72" for a 245/40 x 18. That said, I can't imagine any discernable difference.

I, too, have a set of 8" x 18" wheels on order. I was going to explore using a tire slightly larger (diameter) than the 245/40 x18. Anyone have any comments on this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re cost

I am not sure how they will run. I paid 5 hours of my time on a Saturday and the use of my car for the photo shoot = free
Red Hot

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Are they going to do any more styles besides that one?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
tdimasi said:
The data I work with indicates the stock tire (245/45 x 17) has a diameter of 25.68". The same source indicates a diameter of 25.72" for a 245/40 x 18. That said, I can't imagine any discernable difference.

I, too, have a set of 8" x 18" wheels on order. I was going to explore using a tire slightly larger (diameter) than the 245/40 x18. Anyone have any comments on this?

The 3.46 rear will allow you to go alittle larger in diameter without a drastic notice but your car will just get slower. Some special reason to go larger ? I think 2% is the most you want to change the diameter. You gotta think about the speedo recalibration too. I would say stick with the OE setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re any additional styles: The guy said if these 18" do well they will put out a 19" rim. Keep in my this mfg, MC2, makes all thier money going big, big - they supply the nation's Hummer and GM dealers with 22s and up for the O.E. market.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I like the wheels, especially that they're 9lbs lighter than stock. I assume we can get them in 18x8 and 18x9? And any chance they'll come in Anthracite? I'm not exactly sold on the chrome.

And do you have a website for MC2?

Padre

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
MC2 is a good company

I have been using MC2 for some time, and all in all, they make a good product. They are very progressive with their introduction of new wheels.Most of my business with them has been 20/22 inch wheels for our truck line.

They do not do retail, nly wholesale to new car dealers. This keeps their costs way down.

dms

·
Administrator
8,385 Posts
Wow. You bumped a 5 1/2 year old thread. Not only that, but the last time "Red Hot" logged into this site was almost exactly 5 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts