LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dont know much more than this but these parts are listed in the latest GM parts catalog.
12499616- grille pkg, sugg. list $268.57
12499666-prime spoiler pkg, r/end sugg. list $402.86
12499667-red " no pricing
12499668-silver " no pricing
12499669-black " no pricing
these parts can not be ordered yet but they must be close Ill call GM Partech tom. and see if there is any further info.

·
Registered
492 Posts
GM Parts Direct has them in their system.

GM PART # 12499616
CATEGORY: Radiator Grille
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $268.57
OUR PRICE: $188.00
DESCRIPTION: GRILLE PK

GM PART # 12499666
CATEGORY: Rear Compartment Lid-(to a business address only)
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $402.86
OUR PRICE: $282.00
DESCRIPTION: SPOILER P

The other 3 numbers aren't listed yet

·
Registered
14 Posts
any pics of these items to get an idea of what they look like?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I'm assuming the grill is the one used on the Autocross package? One would assume that the factory grill is removeable from the rear and this pops in its place perfectly? Hmm, mabee I CAN have my cake and eat it too... Since I really prefer the stock front end but MUST have the recessed grill! :hail:

Now to find the shark gill side skirts like the HSV GTO has. :eek2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
With the color limitations on the last 3 parts I would guess they are autocross body kit parts, we will have to wait and see.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Well i'm going to assume the grill inserts would be available for any color, which is good. I wouldnt really mind the autocross side skirts but that is really all i'd need to change becides the grill inserts to make me happy with the looks.

And on a side note, here is a nice photoshop I made of the GTO in IBM Blue with the grills but stock front bumper. Looks 100% better IMO.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
It looks even better without the GTO logo in the grill, but for the sake of having it there (like stock) I put it back in. I agree, the grill inserts will probably be the first thing on the car when I get it.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
ydtrack said:
Great photoshop, that is the car that I want!
Thanks, i'll toss one up without the GTO emblem up front in a minute if someone wants.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Gotta have the grills, really undecided on the spoiler.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
NICE!!! I may be in line for a set of those too!

Then it will better match the lower grill that I want to match the uppers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Grill Inserts?

Does anyone know if the autocross grill really does just insert into the 04 fascia? I looked at mine and it looks as if the grill is part of the entire fascia assembly.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I tried to order the grills this morning just for giggles, I get a "future product part #" error so looks like we have to wait longer :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
The front grills come off like this:
Remove the radiator shroud.
Unscrew the front bumper fascia. I was able to the pull it far enough away to reach my hands in there. The grills are held in by 4 clips at all corners. There is then the pita ones. There is one clip, dead center, on the top and bottom. These have a little retainer on them that is quite difficult to remove, especially the bottom one. I said, f- it and just pulled them out, breaking the last two clips. Since there are four others holding them in, they do not move at all. I think I've got some pics I'll search for.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Looks pretty easy. Sounds to me like the "Autocross" kit is only a front trim kit that attaches over the factory bumper cover and the rear is a complete replacement cover.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Actually, I had a chance to examine the Barbados autocross 'concept' upclose recently at the Woodward Dream cruise, and while the front bumper enhancements appear at first to be stuck on, it actually appeared to be a one-piece molded component (at least on the concept). However, we all know the autoX rear bumper cover will be different than that barbados concept (WHY THE SLOTS ABOVE THE PIPES?!?!). Maybe some of our people in the know would share more about the package....

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Could be to keep the rear bumper from acting like a parachute at speed. A friend of mine used to drag his car every weekend and one night he decided to remove the rear bumper cover before a run, only to discover the car was a few tenths faster without it. Broke into 12.9's when he had been running 13.1's and higher for months. Thats not to say that is what the true function of the slots are however.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts