LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Aussie LS1 record was set on the weekend. [email protected] by a blown LS1 (whipple) auto.

Few guys closing in on 9's. I'd say there could be 3-4 cars in the 9's by year end.

#1 10.22 blown auto
#2 10.35 blown manual
#3 10.35 nitrous auto
#4 10.53 n/a 441ci C5R auto

All 130mph+. :hail:
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Was it LS1 nationals or something? Awsome times! Were you guys racing at WSID? I moved back from australia once they started building that track:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMH GTO said:
Was it LS1 nationals or something? Awsome times! Were you guys racing at WSID? I moved back from australia once they started building that track:(
Not the nationals. There was a 'biggish" LS1 event held on the weekend but it was washed out. The times I posted are from the quick list on the aussie LS1 forum.

WSID is where I run - pretty good track but too many people at the street meets - track has been too successful for its own good. Some nights I only get two runs in 4-5hrs. :banghead:
 

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
street meets at eastern creek used to be cool, wish I had seen WSID. I was in Australia when drag racing had hit its lowest point between Bob Jane and his track and Top fuel cars protesting in front of EC. When I left everything was on track to get better as it has.

I was buddies with a guy name Steve Sarkis(Sarkis Bros racing sound familiar?) how has his Centuras been running at WSID? Plates are AGRO 1 etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
whipplegto said:
New Aussie LS1 record was set on the weekend. [email protected] by a blown LS1 (whipple) auto.

Few guys closing in on 9's. I'd say there could be 3-4 cars in the 9's by year end.

#1 10.22 blown auto
#2 10.35 blown manual
#3 10.35 nitrous auto
#4 10.53 n/a 441ci C5R auto

All 130mph+. :hail:
Thanks for puttin that up dude , yep finally got my monaro into the 10's , didnt think it would dip that low given the feel on the street but she sure hooks up nice with a set of slicks.

info is here
Project Monaro look under project monaro for the evolution
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
leafbumperin said:
What are the pictures of the Chevrolet (Lumina SS?) Did you change grilles half way through?

I didnt like the soft Monaro front end so I updated to the VY SS coomodore front and a Chev Lumina grill for a different effect. I originally wanted the GTO front as we have a 68 firebird also as a shop car but the front looked a bit average - like the Judge front that has been posted though.
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
delco said:
Thanks for puttin that up dude , yep finally got my monaro into the 10's , didnt think it would dip that low given the feel on the street but she sure hooks up nice with a set of slicks.

info is here
Project Monaro look under project monaro for the evolution
Hook up was awesome! :hail:

I enjoyed the write-up on your site. Keep it up. :)

Padre
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top