LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upped my shot to 125 and dynoed at a major event today (see thread here).....

This car just LOVES nitrous.....upped the shot by 25 and gained 26......AND....my bottle pressure was low......only 750 on a 70 degree SoCal (at the beach) day... :D

Fuel was even a tab bit rich....stayed nice and safe at a consistent 11.9. So there's definitely more power in this little 'ol LS1.....could hit 500 with proper bottle pressure and leaning it out a bit. Probably won't lean it out though....keep it nice and safe right where it is......just get my heater hooked up and mayber proper pressure alone will get another 10 or so hp.

And this car is an '04 cam only car and my daily driver......just a baby 224/224, .581/.581 cam (and comp springs and SVO 30's). No headers, not even a CAI.....even the stock airbox with a K&N drop in. AND......it got 25.6 mpg on the 80 mile trip home.....:D

Damn I love this car.......almost as much as I love nitrous (the wonder drug).....:drink:

:D :D :D

Attachments

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
nice numbers, with i had the balls to spray :)

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Damn! Real nice numbers! It must be the SVO injectors. :) I don't know much about nitrous, therefore, how do 30lb injectors keep up with 500hp?

·
Exhausted Tuner
1,254 Posts
Still on the same tune? Looks good ... 11.9 is great for the street on pump gas.

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btlfed1500 said:
Still on the same tune? Looks good ... 11.9 is great for the street on pump gas.
Yep....your tune...:hail: :hail: :hail:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Fenderplayer said:
nice numbers, with i had the balls to spray :)
Yeah, me too :secret:

Very nice numbers. Hopefully I'll be at a little over 500.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Damn! Thats getting up there. I also wish I had the ballz to NO2....but, Im a coward. :)

·
Claybar Torrid RED!
160 Posts
Redrum said:
Damn! Thats getting up there. I also wish I had the ballz to NO2....but, Im a coward. :)
Yeah i'm pretty much in the same boat, i've never been a nitrous person, just like the idea of know i have the power whenever available and not whenever i fill the bottle. Anyways i never hear of anyone needing it for road racing hahah, well unless you hit the straightway.:turbonaug

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GEMELLI said:
Damn! Real nice numbers! It must be the SVO injectors. :) I don't know much about nitrous, therefore, how do 30lb injectors keep up with 500hp?
They were fine when I was on a 100 shot at 448rwhp......only about 80% duty cycle. I'm sure they're being taxed a bit more now......but since it's nitrous and not used all that often I really don't care if they go to 100% every now and then. But if I up the power anymore (seriously considering one of the Vengence ported FAST intakes and some headers and shoot for 500+ rwhp) I'll go to 42 lb'ers just to be sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts