LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the track today, only managed to get two runs in but both were the best I've done since owning the car. Still has more in it, but I'm happy for today...

First run was [email protected] 1.92 60ft

Second was [email protected] 1.83 60ft

Race weight was 3672lbs

Used stock 17's with 275 MT ET Street Radials, stock spares with M&H front runners.

Koni inserts, full loose front, full right rear.

Videos coming as soon as they finish uploading

·
Premium Member
36,111 Posts
my best with bolt-ons was a 12.25 @ 114, i think. makes me wonder if i could have squeezed another 10th out with that setup.

oh well.

what do you have done?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately..... A lot more than bolt-on's, lol.

Ls3 heads, 226/232 112+2 cam, longtubes, svede, aluminum driveshaft, McLeod rst clutch and some suspension work

·
Hot Rod A.D.D!
1,330 Posts
I bet gears would wake it up big time but I'd focus on the 60ft first since you have alot to gain there. I have nothing but great things to say about my double adjustable rears. I've had good luck running less spring/air in my bags too with the shocks stiff in the rear.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've thought about gears, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm seriously considering doing a SRA conversion. If not, then gears and Gforce rear coilovers will be done over the winter. For now, I do plan on working on that 60ft. Just need more practice

·
Hot Rod A.D.D!
1,330 Posts
The radials make it tough since they don't recover from spin as good as a bias ply. Stick shifts tend to 60ft best with a little bit of wheels spin or a whole lot of clutch slip to prevent bog. With the radial you'll have to be harder on your clutch so you don't hit the tires so much.
The whole gforce setup is nice. If I keep my car i'll probably go with that setup so I can get the car nice and low.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got back out to the track last night, DA was 1392ft, race weight was 3702lbs w/ driver and 1/2 tank of fuel.

Best time was [email protected] 1.74 60ft

That's my best 60ft with the car so far, starting to really figure out the launch. I launched around 4500rpm with a little slippage of the clutch.

Unfortunately, that may have been my last outing on these tires, they're pretty well spent. Might order some 15" Dark Stars and new tires after my vacation this week.

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any suggestions on getting off the line quicker? It bogs and falls on its face then takes off. Mods are 243 port polished and bigger intake valves. 234/240 113lsa cam. Fast 102 nw102 dw 42lb injectors dw300c fuel pump. 275/50/15 mt streets at about 17psi. Stock suspension and gears. Tried leaving last night at 5k rpm and slipped the clutch pretty good. Fell on its face.
2.02 60ft. [email protected] I know I can run a lot quicker

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still figuring these cars it myself to be honest.

I'd try lowering your launch rpm a bit and work your way back up. I started around 3k rpm and worked my way up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For still figuring it out you have a nice 60ft lol. I'll see if I can do better next Friday. Maybe just need a driver mod lol

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For still figuring it out you have a nice 60ft lol. I'll see if I can do better next Friday. Maybe just need a driver mod lol
Was running 2.0-2.2 at the beginning of the season

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Got back out to the track last night, DA was 1392ft, race weight was 3702lbs w/ driver and 1/2 tank of fuel.

Best time was [email protected] 1.74 60ft

That's my best 60ft with the car so far, starting to really figure out the launch. I launched around 4500rpm with a little slippage of the clutch.

Unfortunately, that may have been my last outing on these tires, they're pretty well spent. Might order some 15" Dark Stars and new tires after my vacation this week.
Im bolt ons and went 12.60 at 113 put 3.90's in it and went 12.51 at 116 mph. Gear will definately wake it up---danfigg

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im bolt ons and went 12.60 at 113 put 3.90's in it and went 12.51 at 116 mph. Gear will definately wake it up---danfigg
I know they will, but for the money I just don't think it's worth it until I grenade the rear diff, lol.

I'm also a little hesitant to do them myself, since I've heard these rear diff's are finicky. So, I'm not too eager to pay someone, since I've always done all of my own work.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts