LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't that great. MPH was down and ET was hit or miss depending on how bad I shifted. Previous best was [email protected] on a 2.11 to a new best of [email protected] on a 2.16.

Still have tons of wheel hop on the launches. I guess I just need more seat time to figure it out. Shifting should get back to normal with more runs.

I did get to run Angus on my last run. I believe he said it was a new best for him. I tried to tree him but he went around me at the 1/8. He then threw the flashers on me :gr_jest: It was nice meeting you, nice car too.

Steve and Anthony had new bests of the day also. I was bringing down the GTO average today though. Good showing you guys :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
You could have done better if I wasn't there.It just happens.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My new best: [email protected]
60': 2.099

Car is bone stock, just as I drove it off the dealer lot.

It only took me 4 days at the track to get that time :rolleyes: . My goal was to hit 13.50's bone stock so I hit that today :)

Now its time for the tubes, H/C and some F/I (and maybe some juice on top).

I lined up next to a Mach 1 and had an awesome race going until I missed 4th :banghead: He got me by .13.

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Rob said:
I did get to run Angus on my last run. I believe he said it was a new best for him. I tried to tree him but he went around me at the 1/8. He then threw the flashers on me :gr_jest: It was nice meeting you, nice car too.
It was nice meeting you as well.

I couldn't resist putting on the hazards BTW... :p

I'll scan the slip & post it tomorrow.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
NVigR8 said:
My new best: [email protected]
60': 2.099

Car is bone stock, just as I drove it off the dealer lot.

It only took me 4 days at the track to get that time :rolleyes: . My goal was to hit 13.50's bone stock so I hit that today :)

Now its time for the tubes, H/C and some F/I (and maybe some juice on top).

I lined up next to a Mach 1 and had an awesome race going until I missed 4th :banghead: He got me by .13.
dude you might want to correct that time.......you got 15.58 up there and your bragging about it? :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
dude you might want to correct that time.......you got 15.58 up there and your bragging about it? :gr_jest: :gr_jest:
lol, dammit. fixed, thx.

-Steve

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Great time for a stock goat!!!

Doc

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Rob said:
wasn't that great. MPH was down and ET was hit or miss depending on how bad I shifted. Previous best was [email protected] on a 2.11 to a new best of [email protected] on a 2.16.

Still have tons of wheel hop on the launches. I guess I just need more seat time to figure it out. Shifting should get back to normal with more runs.

Steve and Anthony had new bests of the day also. I was bringing down the GTO average today though. Good showing you guys :)
Rob,

What were the incrementals????

Ed

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Don't you all know that stock GTO's don't do 13's?

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
EDC said:
Rob,

What were the incrementals????

Ed
Not Rob's best run of the day, but not too far off either:

He tried to tree me but red-lighted instead. :p

Nice run Rob!

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Rob is bone stock?

Is this a fast track? Those numbers really are great if it is stock.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Yes it's stock.No it's not a fast track.Rob can DRIVE,most of us can't.

·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angus said:

Nice run Rob!
Yep, that's about the norm.

I let you win 'cause I saw the big red eye...ya that's why you beat me :gr_jest:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Angus said:

Nice run Rob!
hahaha unlike these guys Rob I know the truth and I wont be nice this run sucked!!!!! wtf are you doing dude?? You been driving autos for so long you forgot how to drive a stick? Damn if you need help just ask I would be glad to bust off a 13.20 for ya. Which is what Robs car will run if he would drive the damn thing:)

a 2.1? 60ft oh the shame of it.... :):):)

·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tittermary said:
hahaha unlike these guys Rob I know the truth and I wont be nice this run sucked!!!!! wtf are you doing dude?? You been driving autos for so long you forgot how to drive a stick? Damn if you need help just ask I would be glad to bust off a 13.20 for ya. Which is what Robs car will run if he would drive the damn thing:)

a 2.1? 60ft oh the shame of it.... :):):)
blah, blah, blah When given the choice, who picked an A4 over a M6? Weenie :p And yes, the TTA has zapped my shifting ability for the moment.

And that 2.1 is shameful, I must admit. It will get better :banghead:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rob said:
blah, blah, blah When given the choice, who picked an A4 over a M6? Weenie :p And yes, the TTA has zapped my shifting ability for the moment.

yeah point taken BUT in my defense I have a plan.... a 10 sec street tire street racer is hard to do with a six speed been there done that with the 98 and I never got to tens and it was still a ***** just running 11's. Besides my bike is a 6 speed:)

how fast did you get that TA running anyway??

·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The TA went [email protected] on a 1.61. That was with a new chip that could launch but lost it on the top end. The previous chip went [email protected] on a 1.89 launch. I sold it with a revised chip that had reclaimed the top end but never went back to the track before I sold it. It would have probably run a 11.2-.4. New owner has only showed it and hasn't been to the track with yet. I guess he likes winning trophies over timeslips :)

I know what you mean. I knew you wanted 10's and the A4 is much better suited for that. I only plan to run in the 12.0 range with mine. Its just to heavy to run any faster with reliability. So I'm planning my mods accordingly.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Rob said:

Well I guess I'm a "weenie" 'cuz I prefer the automatic over the stick. Especially when it's a being used predominately as my street/strip car. :wall:

Rob,

Looking at your 1/8 mile figures, my "weenie" automatic car appears like it can run with you by adding those Nittos. I was getting some 8.88's at 80.7 mph last time out. More and more that new torque converter is looking like the next big move to drop some ET!

Ed

·
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EDC said:
Well I guess I'm a "weenie" 'cuz I prefer the automatic over the stick. Especially when it's a being used predominately as my street/strip car. :wall:

Rob,

Looking at your 1/8 mile figures, my "weenie" automatic car appears like it can run with you by adding those Nittos. I was getting some 8.88's at 80.7 mph last time out. More and more that new torque converter is looking like the next big move to drop some ET!

Ed
Me and Dave go way back so its just ribbing on each other.

As far as Nittos, I think the goat needs them. Its been since '96 since I've been on real street tires and it shows. I've been on Nittos since '98 and am used to them. Probably get them before next season.

The converter is a great mod in A4 LS1 F-Body's. Can't imagine this car being any different. So I'd expect to see close to a .5 second gain after installing one, providing traction is there :)

What's the latest on your cam's?

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah converter is the best bang for the buck you can get imho other then N20 and ss Rob pointed out for most people a 3400 to 3800 is a good stall choice for the ls1.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts