LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new cover last night.....washed the goat and covered her this morning. The cover was expensive but well worth it. It rained today and as you can see the water beads up and just rolls right off.....like a good wax. The cover is from a non-sponsor so I won't name them. See the pics.
They came in all different colors and I got mine custom embroidered to say 2004 Pontiac GTO.
:D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
im waiting for carmotorsports to come out with theirs. it should be good.
but anyways, can you PM me the info for this cover?

looks good

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
hahahahahaha, you won't name them, but you'll post a pic of their logo. ;)

Anyway, it looks good. I'm not using my $300+ car cover until the paint on my hood cures. Should be OK by the end of June. But I've been "breaking the rules" a lot lately and driving the GTO on weeknights. It's simply irresistable.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FLORIT said:
hahahahahaha, you won't name them, but you'll post a pic of their logo. ;)
But I've been "breaking the rules" a lot lately and driving the GTO on weeknights. It's simply irresistable.

:D ooops was that logo in the pic? I promise Mr. Moderator..I didnt know? :sneaky:

I know how the driving goes....We bought an envoy 2 months after the goat and it was supposed to be a daily driver and grocery getter......well so far I can't help but drive the Goat sometimes.....I put the cover on last night after washing her and told myself I am gonna park it until friday........damn its hard to resist driving this thing.........did I say i am going through GOAT withdrawals today? :eek: :D :drink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
just freakin drive the thing then. thats what cars are intended for. I dont get why ppl pay out the ass for cars only to park it and not drive it. personally, i dont care if i had an Enzo, or a McClaren F1(if i could afford it), i would drive it on a regular basis. A car is not an investment, and will not remain perfect forever, so go have fun with your $33k

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Got my new cover last night.....washed the goat and covered her this morning. The cover was expensive but well worth it. It rained today and as you can see the water beads up and just rolls right off.....like a good wax. The cover is from a non-sponsor so I won't name them. See the pics.
They came in all different colors and I got mine custom embroidered to say 2004 Pontiac GTO.
:D
Please comment on the convenience of using, removing, and stowing your cover. I've never used or owned a car cover (Shoot, hardly had anything worth covering 'til now!) Have you or anyone else had a cover stolen or maliciously damaged?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Stealth cover

We need a stealth cover like the dude in the Kia commercial. You know, the one that covers his new Kia and makes it look like an old patchwork Celebrity... :sneaky: And we DON'T need the cover maker putting the Year, Make, and Model the cover fits on the outside as a 'steal me' commercial... :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
3,327 Posts
I am also interested on how easy the thing is to fold up. I bought one from NAPA and after I put it on, it was like a puzzle trying to figure out how the heck that thing goes back into it's little bag. I really want something that I can throw on fast, take off fast, and fold up to fit into the trunk. CAR motorsports is supposed to be this easy, but I dont know of anyone with actual experience. Thanks.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warren said:
I am also interested on how easy the thing is to fold up. I bought one from NAPA and after I put it on, it was like a puzzle trying to figure out how the heck that thing goes back into it's little bag. I really want something that I can throw on fast, take off fast, and fold up to fit into the trunk. CAR motorsports is supposed to be this easy, but I dont know of anyone with actual experience. Thanks.

I will let you guys know about taking it on and off on friday.....so far all I did was put it on.....It is very light weight so it should be no big deal and the carry bag it came with was large. I had previously bought a cheap one from Pepboys but it was too heavy and difficult to manage.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Removing a quality car cover is not terribly difficult.
1) Unlock, untie, or otherwise disconnect the rope, cable, or coathanger securing the cover under the car.
2) Pull the cover away from the nose and tail of the car and drape it over the nose and tail.
3) Pull the mirror pockets off.
4) Drape one side of the cover, from nose to tail, onto the top surfaces (i.e. hood, roof, trunk.)
5) Drape the other side of the cover onto the top surfaces.
6) Continue folding toward the middle, from each side, until you have about an 18" wide strip of car cover that runs the length of the car.
7) Fold in 18" sections from one end to the other. You'll end up with an 18"x18" square of car cover.
8) Roll the cover into a cylinder, squeezing out the air as you go, and slip the cover into its storage bag.

Or something like that... putting it on is the reverse. Remember that the mirror pockets should be on BEFORE you stretch the cover over the ends of the car.

I can put my cover on and take it off by myself and it only takes a couple of minutes, tops.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Warren said:

yeah, i talked to one of the guys at carmotorsports. he claims that theirs is very easy to put on and off. he said its also very thin and light, but protects well. if its as good as they say it is, it will be a steal at $190

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I have the same cover, only one out the day I got my car. I got it in black mostly because I do not use it outdoors. I went for the clean look without the logo, hopfully CAR has something to offer us too maybe with some GTO logos. CCC's are made by covercraft and I have a feeling alot of other covers come from there too.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
GTO CAR Cover

I noticed several posts mentioning the new CAR Motorsports Custom Fit car cover for the new GTO. We expect our first shipment of these to arrive within the next few weeks. The comments posted about the cover by some are correct.

First, it will offer SUPERIOR protection from the elements. In fact, the cover is STORM rated, which is the highest rating. The cover comes in only one color (a highly reflective Silver color somewhat like winshield sunshades to offer both reduced heat under the cover and UV Protection). The woven material used in the cover is Teflon coated to resist stains from bird droppings, tree sap, etc., and to increase water resistance (water rolls off about like it would on a waxed car).

Second, the cover is perhaps the lightest weight and most easily usable cover on the market. You will NEVER have a problem getting it back into its matching storage bag. The material, despite being thin, is UNBELIEVABLY tough. It cannot be torn. I'm a fairly big guy who's worked out my whole life and I can't tear the material. In fact, even when nicked or cut, the material will not tear further than that. This strength of the material is due to the fact that its a woven material. ONE DOWNSIDE (IF you can call it a downside that is) to our cover, however, is that it will NOT protect your car from door dings. Because the material is thin, it offers minimal cushion protection should someone open a door into your car. It will keep the paint from chipping, but a ding will likely be present. Other covers do a slightly better (but not totally effective) job at this, but then they are harder to use, absorb water, and offer less protection from the elements. It really depends on what you are trying to protect your car from.

Third, the cover is washable and will fit into a standard home washing machine. Most covers, if washable, require you to use a commercial machine like at a laundramat.

Fourth, because of our GM Licensing, our cover can be embroidered with your choice of text AND official GM logos found on your car (and can be custom color matched to the logos ordered on your mats and other products).

Fifth, the cover features heavy duty construction including double seams, superior elastic, reinforced rubber grommets, etc.

Sixth, Cable and Lock kits are ALWAYS included free with each car cover.

Seventh, our cover features a PATENTED STRAP SYSTEM for additional securing of the cover to your car. In hidden pockets located at the front and rear of the cover (outside the wheels so you can simply walk the connector from one side to the other and not have to throw it under the car like the cable/lock) are buckles. Two straps included with the cover and the male ends snap into the buckles in the hidden pockets on the car cover. Then, you just cinch the cover tightly to the car.

There's a lot more I could list, but the last thing I would offer is Price. The covers cost a mere $189.95 plus shipping. This price includes any one logo or text of your choice. Additional logos (front or rear of cover or on the bag, etc.) are only $20 each.

We have sold hundreds of our custom fit covers to owners of Corvettes, Trans Ams, Camaros, CTS, Escalades, Grand National, etc. We have had only one return in all this time and that was due to a mistake made in the cover embroidery.

Thanks for your interest.

Alan and Rich

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
Fourth, because of our GM Licensing, our cover can be embroidered with your choice of text AND official GM logos found on your car (and can be custom color matched to the logos ordered on your mats and other products).
:thumbs: SWEET

Like I said I bought my cover back in Jan when I picked up my car, otherwise a nice "GTO" badge on the front of the cover would have been awesome.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Old Goat said:
We need a stealth cover like the dude in the Kia commercial. You know, the one that covers his new Kia and makes it look like an old patchwork Celebrity... :sneaky: And we DON'T need the cover maker putting the Year, Make, and Model the cover fits on the outside as a 'steal me' commercial... :drink: :drink: :drink:
I think that commercial is one of the best out now (well, besides GTO commercials and those identity-theft commercials...) Much better than just making the car invisible because that can cause problems - ya know?

·
Registered
980 Posts
04bluegto said:
A cover? For what dust its called a gas pedal!!! I had a cover for my blazer put it on once but got tired of it since I use my car everyday!!
I plan on showing my goat and here in Florida it rains almost every day during the summer. A car cover is a godsend that will protect the 2 days of cleaning and detailing work from getting ruined.

_DM

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dmonty said:
I plan on showing my goat and here in Florida it rains almost every day during the summer. A car cover is a godsend that will protect the 2 days of cleaning and detailing work from getting ruined.

_DM
You got that right.....people that are not from florida don't get it.....when we say rain everyday......we are not kidding. There are also hundreds of trees right around where I live and after washing the goat within an hour it can be covered in dirt...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts