LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
43,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember the unique smell GTO's had when they were new?

Sat in my wife's car tonight, it still has its "new" smell. Seems i've forgotton quite how my 05 smelled when i got it.

Anyone know what made it unique? Was it the crappy leather?

·
Administrator
8,553 Posts
Don’t really remember anything unique about them other than the typical new car smell.

·
Super Moderator
14,476 Posts
It's usually offgassing from all the plastics that generates the most stink.

·
Worthless reject member
43,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's usually offgassing from all the plastics that generates the most stink.
I was thinking that Holden probably didn't use plastics that weren't different from other car makers. That being the case, it shouldn't smell much different than any other new car.

I just remember it having a different sort of smell.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My GTO was the first new car I bought that had a leather interior. That's the smell I'd like it to have again

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I've owned and driven many cars and trucks, but never brand new. But yeah, I'll never get anything with cloth seats ever again. Leather seats should be standard. Cloth seats is a travesty worse than drum brakes

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I've owned and driven many cars and trucks, but never brand new. But yeah, I'll never get anything with cloth seats ever again. Leather seats should be standard. Cloth seats is a travesty worse than drum brakes
You and i have very different views. Id never take leather seats if i could get cloth. Hot and cold seats are annoying. Power seats are dumb too. Ha

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
You and i have very different views. Id never take leather seats if i could get cloth. Hot and cold seats are annoying. Power seats are dumb too. Ha
Would you like a cloth seat on your bike though? ))))

·
Buckeye Goat
210 Posts
I bought a small spray bottle of "new car scent" from Chemical Guys with my last order and honestly, it really does smell like a new car! Food for thought...

·
Administrator
8,553 Posts
Few sprays of this in every car is the ticket:

·
99% Stock
4,969 Posts
The GTOs definitely had a quite unique new car smell. Not exactly chocolatey, but something close to that.
My GTOs new car smell actually lasted for at least 5 years too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts