LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Awesome.

I looked on www.gmme.com (GM Middle East), no mention of the VE yet.

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
Red sticker on the windscreen says Saudi Arabia..............
They should send 'em here instead!

·
Driveline upgrades & parts.
1,662 Posts
ha ha and people thought I was crazy when I photochopped one and put a bowtie on it........

It was bound to happen! The middle east is a big market!

·
Driveline upgrades & parts.
1,662 Posts
Desertraptor said:
I dont think it was the bowtie people was bagging you about. That colour was just so wrong as were them rims ;)

There you go it does say Saudi Arabia

Way too much rubber on the rims for an SS

forget the colour and rims....LOL thats another story :pimp:

I just remember someone sayin why would that car have a bowtie......

·
Reads Fine Print
147 Posts
Jontall said:
That's the best looking Chevy I've seen in a long time (Corvette excluded).
I totally agree with that. With the success that Chrysler has had with the V8/RWD combo lately, it just makes me wonder why GM wouldn't try to market that car here. And by market...I don't mean the way they "marketed" our GTOs.

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
ahh! wish they would put those in the showroom soon...

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
DamienChaos said:
I totally agree with that. With the success that Chrysler has had with the V8/RWD combo lately, it just makes me wonder why GM wouldn't try to market that car here. And by market...I don't mean the way they "marketed" our GTOs.
I don't think Holden has the capacity to export 100,000 VE's per year to the USA.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
foster'sguy said:
Red sticker on the windscreen says Saudi Arabia..............
They should send 'em here instead!

yes they should, why must we get screwed by alll the car manufactueres, even our own?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Holden was too produce those sort of numbers for the US market what would it do to Detroit?

I have no problem with it as it would boost our economy big time and remove any thoughts of Holden going under but in todays economic environment I think we (both Aus and the US) are getting screwed by the Asian market to the point where we are loosing too many local jobs.

·
04 CV8-R II Conversion
1,891 Posts
Desertraptor said:
If Holden was too produce those sort of numbers for the US market what would it do to Detroit?

I have no problem with it as it would boost our economy big time and remove any thoughts of Holden going under but in todays economic environment I think we (both Aus and the US) are getting screwed by the Asian market to the point where we are loosing too many local jobs.
i agree, but im a Holden Fan Through and through, even if i get ridd of my Monaro i will still put HRT stickers on my truck, we need more holdens here in the USA

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
Desertraptor said:

Well we all know Holden as of this moment can't make 100,000 VE's for export to the US.

I don't think it would hurt Detriot much at all, the number of cars sold every year thats a drop in the bucket here.

As for factory/production work yes the asian market is killing us. They go to a country there and pay them about 70 cents US an hour and they are happy. The economy is boosted there until they what a few dollars an hour, so they shut down and move to the next poor area and start over.

This "service only" method of the US business are going to destroy us. If there is another world war, we would be screwed, as we can't produce a damn thing ourselves anymore.

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Sweet. So now all we need to do is bitchslap GMNA for not getting it over here right now.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Flashpoint said:
This "service only" method of the US business are going to destroy us. If there is another world war, we would be screwed, as we can't produce a damn thing ourselves anymore.

technically eys and no, we can produce everything by ourselves, just not at the low cost like the chinese can for us. The government currently has hundreds of davenport screw machines on standyby in a gigantic warehouse (to manufacture bullet rounds and such) just in case of a war.

·
Registered
244 Posts
itsme4g63 said:
technically eys and no, we can produce everything by ourselves, just not at the low cost like the Chinese can for us. The government currently has hundreds of davenport screw machines on standby in a gigantic warehouse (to manufacture bullet rounds and such) just in case of a war.
yes but how much time is needed to bring the "guns" economy up to speed so that you can 'defend" yourself!!

It's not just the equipment, it's the skilled workforce to keep the machines running!!

Australia is in much the same situation - all the manufacturing facilities that can go from butter to guns is now 'lost and or archaic"

Mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
mmciau said:
yes but how much time is needed to bring the "guns" economy up to speed so that you can 'defend" yourself!!

It's not just the equipment, it's the skilled workforce to keep the machines running!!

Australia is in much the same situation - all the manufacturing facilities that can go from butter to guns is now 'lost and or archaic"

Mike
I agree. We are well on the way to becoming a truly internationally competitive economy...............of waiters, tourism operators, and builders....

Trouble is, we've largely done it to ourselves through misguided government policies driven by theoretical economists.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts