LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a New Center Force dual friction clutch a couple of months ago and I think It is on it's way out!.:banghead: I had the Goat tuned by Jeremy Formato a couple of days ago and I was very happy with the numbers on a 150 shot but If you look at the power curve it's very disturbing. Is this the clutch slipping? has any one seen this before ? I need a real strong clutch so if any one knows what will hold this torque please feel free to give advice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
johnnyrocket said:
I installed a New Center Force dual friction clutch a couple of months ago and I think It is on it's way out!.:banghead: I had the Goat tuned by Jeremy Formato a couple of days ago and I was very happy with the numbers on a 150 shot but If you look at the power curve it's very disturbing. Is this the clutch slipping? has any one seen this before ? I need a real strong clutch so if any one knows what will hold this torque please feel free to give advice.
I've had one of their dual friction clutches fail after about a thousand miles on my truck. My mechanic pointed out to me it was a defect. So I called centerforce, they told me to send it to them and I could get a refund. No suc deal they said it was from wear and tear. After 1000 miles I don't think so. It was a toyota truck w/ 120hp. They are weak. IMO

Drew

·
Registered
414 Posts
center force is junk...my roomate had one on his 347ci mustang and it exploded. I believe they told him the same thing as you. He went to a SPEC 3 clutch, and he's really happy with it now, it'll hold fine, lunching on spray and cumping the clutch at 5k on slicks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts