LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a new custom exhaust hooked up to my SW headers this past week. Full 3" dual system, Magnaflow X-pipe, Hooker Aerochamber mufflers, and mandrel bends. A local exhaust shop here did it, Meineke on Adams in Peoria. If anyone in the area needs some custom exhaust work done, I highly reccommend that shop. The system sounds great, although the decel fuel cut off 'pop and crackle' is a lot worse now, I may just turn that off with HPTuners. Now I just need to get the wideband in and tune it up. Heads/cam to follow in the next month or so. Here's some pics:

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
How much did you pay? I'm looking at getting a custom job too...the brand name exhaust setups are too $$$$$ IMO

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have $770 (parts and labor) into it right now counting every last piece (except headers). The price ended up not being significantly cheaper than the brand name systems, but still not bad for an installed system. and it's exactly what I wanted.

·
Ima lead farmer, motherf__er!
939 Posts
Nice set-up, cleanly done.

·
yeah its really slow
286 Posts
that setup looks really good i didnt think Meineke would have it in them to do something that nice.

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Audio clips coming soon?

Looks like high quality work and excellent quality photos. Nice job getting all that lit up so we can see it.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Looks really good. The welds look very good. Nice job. Just don't do a Harrop cover. It wil not fit your exhaust. Got to post sound clips.

·
Registered
901 Posts
:shiner: I counted eight 90* turns (four on each passage). You might have lost power with that new catback :(

See how the stock catback only has one total?

Attachments

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Hey! That pic looks familiar. :sneaky:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....but the factory crimps are gone and the pipe size has increased. If I'm bored one day I'll stay after work and do a CFD analysis on the exhaust system...or I could use the 'quick and dirty' analysis tool my team put together for 1D exhaust flow simulation...either way I'm not to worried about this setup being a step backwards. We'll wait for the final dyno run and some track times after the heads/cam to see how well the entire package performs.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
The bends are mandral bent, and the pipe is 3". IO cannot see a flow problem. Maybe too much flow. But, never not enough.

I really cannot say not enough. My Kooks catless, and Corsa exhaust is straight through. That is too much flow I guess.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1SLOGTO said:
that setup looks really good i didnt think Meineke would have it in them to do something that nice.
This particular Meineke's owner is a hot rodder and likes to do nice custom systems.

The system is not all stainless, only the Magnaflow X-pipe and tips. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts