LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from the dealer today. They had to replace the rear end because of the severe knocking and "slack" at slow speeds. I can definately tell the difference and I hope the new differential holds up better than the original.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 a-4 8,500 miles that after 1 or 2 hrs at freeway speeds (i.e. 80 mph) upon slowing down for stop & go traffic the rear end starts to sound like it has excesive ring & pinion lash, then at slow speeds when changing lanes it sounds like the rear end is going to rattle out of the car. At higher speeds it will not repeat the sound or vibration. I've had it to the dealer twice but it will not repeat at the dealership.Does this sound like what your car would do? if so any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT sounds similar to the problem I had. Initially, I would really hear the klunk when turn and driving at slow speeds. After a few months the klunking got louder and I would hear it at higher speeds when shifting gears. If your dealer can't find the problem, try another or you can also take it to a Chevy dealer.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
My differential was clunking, but my dealer said it was normal. I installed a Pedder's Urethane Differential Insert and the clunking is gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts