LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 17 years with my original drag bags, it was time to replace. Actually, I noticed this a couple of years ago when the car was at my parents house. They had disentegrated quite badly. After I got the car back this year, I wanted to replace them. What a bear, just like it was a long time ago. I have King Springs and Koni shocks, so it was doing quite well even with just pieces inside the springs. Now it's back to where it was back in '05.
Automotive tire Tread Road surface Petal Synthetic rubber

·
Worthless reject member
54,709 Posts
wow.

i actually switched my mazda MVP bags from the old springs in my red car to the new lovells in my blue, and they seemed to have held up ok over the years. i can't remember when i originally installed them, but it was probably '08 or '09...

·
Been here for a long time...
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sprayed armor all on the bags and they slipped right in. tip for the future.
I eventually sprayed them with silicone. I drove around a little bit to get them in shape. Then I aired them up and drove around. They set in just like they are supposed to. I'm sure if I had the stock springs it wouldn't be such a pain. The coils were a lot further apart than these springs. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it might help someone down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts