LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the last round of mods (Heads, Cam, Maggie, Alkycontrol) it was time to throw it up on the dyno and see what kind of power she makes. 525 rwhp and 487 rwtq. The tune is still very, very conservative and we'll be doing some more adjusting. I will also be looking at changing out the pulley, since we only had 3# of boost throughout most of the rpm range with a peak of 5#. A big thanks to the folks at PM of FL, EDC for the cam and the guys at Blue Moon Automotive for the use of their dyno.

Attachments

·
S1C:+:GTO
950 Posts
Sweet!

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Awesome graph and #s Andrew. I wanna ride!
Was the dyno shop you guys used cool and clean? Not familiar with Blue Moon. Glad to see a new option for us TampaBay GTOs for pulls and tunes.
If Bob @ PM is involved, you KNOW the customer service and business matters will be professionally done.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Swampgoat said:
Awesome graph and #s Andrew. I wanna ride!
Was the dyno shop you guys used cool and clean? Not familiar with Blue Moon. Glad to see a new option for us TampaBay GTOs for pulls and tunes.
If Bob @ PM is involved, you KNOW the customer service and business matters will be professionally done.
Bob arranged for the dyno time, It looked like a decent shop. We only used the dyno and Bob did the tuning, but the guys seemed to know their stuff and they had some pretty bad ass rides sitting around the shop. I'll trade you a ride for some of the pics you're storing for me.lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jamar320 said:
very nice #'s,ill be taking my car to bob very soon,what size blower pulley are you running
I'm still running the stock maggie pulley. I will have to pulley down to increase boost. We were only seeing between 3.5-4# of boost through most of the rpms with a peak of 5.0 right at 6500rpms

·
mmmm crown royal
1,482 Posts
looks good andrew. congrats

·
Resident Audio/Video Nut
734 Posts
Hey, Andrew

I want a ride also and maby even a :gears: :gears:

Bob is working on somethings :secret: to help me get in to the 500+ club also.:judge:

Brian

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
very stout......

I knew the boost would most likely be down cause of the heads.

Too bad its an M6 ;) :stickpoke :gr_jest:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
very stout......

I knew the boost would most likely be down cause of the heads.

OOOOhhhh.... That's Low!

Them's Fightin Werds!! :thumbs:

Oh and Brian, I've got you're info together. :)

Bob

·
3,777 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
We M6s are gonna rise up and smack you Jason.....

I figure it will be nice to have Brian at my side when we do. I'd smack Mike Tyson as long as Brian had my back!!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Swampgoat said:

I figure it will be nice to have Brian at my side when we do. I'd smack Mike Tyson as long as Brian had my back!!
bwahaha....I'm still waiting for that to happen. The one with the best chance went and joined the dark side.:drink: :drink:

·
3,777 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
bwahaha....I'm still waiting for that to happen. The one with the best chance went and joined the dark side.:drink: :drink:
It helps to be able to drive an M6. Some folks are just meant to not play with clutches.....
I think if :stickpoke had read your old sig quote instead of playing dyno wars, that m6 would've run 10s already.

·
Resident Audio/Video Nut
734 Posts
Swampgoat said:

With out having a huge power advantage over jason he has a big jump on us out of the hole then us quick shifting M6's in the 1/4 but if we were to extend that to a 1 mi track and through in some turns he would be in BIG trouble.

I would rather be jack of all trades than master of one.

A4= is a 1/4 Racers Car! :drink:
M6= is a Drivers Car!:gears:

Witch one are YOU?

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts