LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I decided to head down to the Dyno today. To say I was elated would be an understatement. I knew the car was making more power, but I just didn't know how much. My last dyno I put down 372.6rwhp & 344.1rwtq. Since that time I went up to tampa to have a custom tune done and left with 381rwhp in 80%+ humidity and 90*+ temps. I got my SLP Power-flow exhaust installed. My CS tube came in so I added that to the existing MPD airbox setup. My most recent mod was the ASP pulley which we installed 2 days ago. The car is very, very, very fast. The last time I went to the track before any of the afformentioned mods I was able ot pull 13.2-13.3 all night with 108-110mph traps. I knew when I went out last weekend and raced a lightly modded cobra and was able to put up a decent fight ;)and my car was running much better. Ok, I posted a chart of the last run I did before the last round of mods.

As you can see there was a nice jump in the torque curve. :cool: The car overall is a complete blast to drive. I am compiling a short dyno vid for you guys as we speak and should be up in an hour or so. Below is a dyno chart of the car when it was stock VS. the latest round of mods as well. I'm coming for the rest of you cam only/heads/cam guys :secret: so beware. The only thing left to do as far as power adders is a FAST 90mm intake/TB and my longtube headers(which are in transit as we speak). I don't know what kind of gains I'll see with the headers but I assume a little more tq. I'm hoping for 15-20 more but based on some of these JBA gains people are posting I don't know if that is going to happen. Any guessers please post away!!
Stock VS. Modded

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Good power, now its time to stick some drag radials on it and see what it can really do with 411whp!

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Sweet. :cool:

:secret: ***Looks in his rearview and wonders who this guy is approaching so fast. ***

Congrats Doug.

As for me, my tire-shop guys who told me I'd have my Nittos and lightweight rims on by yesterday and I'd be at the track tonight were wrong. Called me at 3pm today to tell me they finally arrived. :mad: Yeah, like I'm going to drive 70 miles into Atlanta Friday afternoon traffic when I had all day yesterday off. :banghead: I'm thinking of just letting them keep 'em. Grrr. I could have been running 11's tonight.

Anyway. Just venting. Get back to the track, Doug, and give me something to shoot for when I go to Wichita next week. :)

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Very impressive numbers. I got one of my other cars sold so what will I do with tha $$$???? Hmmmmm? I know . . . MORE POWER!!! That MTI G-Torque looks like a nice package and it makes almost 400 rwhp. Go to the drag strip and smoke some S/C Horse!

Doc

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Padre, you have to let me know how the superlegga's work out. I am seriously considering them as my set of aftermarket wheels. Possibly 17.8's in front and 18x9's out back. That sucks that they didn't get here man. Welcome to the world of high performance right?

Thanks for the comments, I'm not heading back to the track till I have some traction. It is so difficult to launch the car as it is. I just need to see about some drag radials as well.

·
8,959 Posts
gtodoug said:
Padre, you have to let me know how the superlegga's work out. I am seriously considering them as my set of aftermarket wheels. Possibly 17.8's in front and 18x9's out back. That sucks that they didn't get here man. Welcome to the world of high performance right?
Aye. But I would think again about 18's. The common wisdom is that sidewall is more important than footprint. The only 18" drags that would fit are BFG DRs 245/40 or 265/40 or 275/35. I did this for a while :banghead: and decided just to go with 17's and 245/45 Nitto's. There are a few 17x9" rims available (that you could mount some 275/40-17 Nittos on with rear fender rolling), but they're exensive, special order, and I have no idea about the weight.

Anyway, I have high-hopes for my Superleggerras. And they might even look good :cool: . If I ever get them :banghead: . I mean, I'm cutting 1.7 60's on my 19" street radials! So we'll see. Maybe next Tuesday. If not then, when I get to Wichita.

As for launching. Let's just say there are times where us A4 guys sit back and smirk a bit. ;)

Padre

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I'd be buying 6 wheels. A complete street set in 17/18" combo and a set of 17's for the rear. That way I could still look like I was running my street wheels. ;)

As far as launching, with some practice I may be able to cut some sub 2 sec 60's on the DR's.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I thought that the torque and hp lines had to cross at 5252rpm. I have never seen a dyno chart where they did not! Until these. What's up with that?

·
8,959 Posts
JayStew said:
I thought that the torque and hp lines had to cross at 5252rpm. I have never seen a dyno chart where they did not! Until these. What's up with that?
A computer glitch. Some problem with scaling the old vs. the new. I've seen it before. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

Padre

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
padre got to it before I did. HP and TQ scales aren't lined up on either side of the graph so they won't intersect at 5252 but the power is still there.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Doug You Are The MAN! :hail:

the SLP guy told me they cant send my stuff on the 24th , they will send them on 10/7 i hate to wait man :banghead:

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
gtodoug said:
padre got to it before I did. HP and TQ scales aren't lined up on either side of the graph so they won't intersect at 5252 but the power is still there.
I wasn't doubting the great numbers, just curious. :hail:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dark-if you wait it will come. You should be right around the same #'s. The heads are really designed to work with our block or the 402 package and that's why they went with such an increase in the valve sizing. I have a feeling once I do the 402 package it will really wake up;). My goal with that is to put 480+whp with similar tq. That's why I'm opting to go for the FAST intake/tb setup. I know I'll need it for the larger cu later on anyways.

Yellow-cobra is good eatin, as long as it's you that's not getting eaten. Ran with another bone stock one last night. Still was able to walk him.

I really want to hit 440whp without changing the block out. We'll see though!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
JayStew said:
The dyno operator decided to print it with the horsepower scale from 0 to 450 and the torque scale from 50 to 400. Basicly they are offset due to different scaling. I always ask them to print mine out with the same scale for both to make it easier to read.

·
8,959 Posts
gtodoug said:
Ok, I just finished the vid, here it is. Enjoy!!! Post some comments guys!![/URL]
Very nice to hear that thing purrrr. :cool: The exhaust note is definitely distinct from mine. It was fun to take mine up to 135mph on the dyno - I assume your's was the same.

BTW, what software did you use to add the effects and titles, all that to the video? I just picked up Pinnacle v9, but haven't got around to trying it out yet.

Padre

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine actually spun up to 148mph on the dyno. It was pretty sick. The car sounds so tough in person, as I'm sure yours does as well. The video just does not do justice to the cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts