LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
GTO? Or Holden? Could it have been an HSV or other modified unit?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this rumor had been adequately dealt with but it seems the AWD drive Monaro which may have sparked it has been linked to possiible 2007 GTO etc. The attached link shows the AWD Monaro with both side double exhaust tips. Anyway, we don't have squat now so is a bit early to be talking about 3 years away models.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=214157#post214157

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although the '04 exhaust is a dual exhaust and very efficient, we Americans virtually demand dual exhausts the exit at both sides of the car on our performance cars.

Look for the '05 to have duals that exit at "both sides."

As I understand it, GMPP may even have a new rear facia at SEMA to support this.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I hope they do. :D Otherwise it'll look odd.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
The pipes look to be 2.25"each. Approx. the same cross sectional area of a single 3" pipe.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Usually when going duals, you can make the diameter of each pipe smaller overall to flow the same as one single. There is a science to it believe it or not.

However, two small itty bitty pipes look wierd. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
At first clance that would seem to be true however he did ask to be called crazy. I was just trying to be neighborly.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And besides, Tails didn't call him crazy, he was referring to a crazy friend or something, and just didn't finish the thought.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
To get back on topic, I don't actually mind that both pipes exit on the same side. At first, I was appalled that it had dual exhaust but the pipes where not one on each side. However, the more I looked at it and noticed how many everyday non-performance cars (without true dual exhaust) have the two exhaust tips one on each side, I began to really like it. It's different and the real measure with be the exhaust note, which is going to be awesome. Just my two cents. I guess we're back to that opinions/assholes analogy.....everybodies got on and they all stink.:)

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
At least it's not like the boxster - with the single huge outlet in the middle. I can't believe Porsche let that out of their factory...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The half moon thingy? :D That's stylish man. LOL!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
27 Participants
cyplandscape
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing