LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know I went a different direction with the autox grills. I painted the grey part to match the body of the car (Impulse Blue) and the honeycomb part was done in chrome. I think it will make it look a bit better on the blue color. I will post pics as soon as I can. The car will be donw by the end of the week I am just waiting on the honeycomb part to be done.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
THATS SOUNDS PRETTY NICE, PLEASE POST SOME PICS. dO YOU KNOW WHAT THE GRILL PART NUMBER IS?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Does the grill part of the auto-x grill seperate from the grey painted trim part easily? (For painting)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took like 5 min for each just take your time and be carefull. I took a razor blade and took the glue off the back and pulled them apart.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bad news, the price went up this month on the gm parts direct site. Was $188 now $255.60.

I would get them for the $188 price but not for $255.60!

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
Yeah, I was considering ordering them, but not for $255.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
That price is an absolute a$$ rapping.

Way to go GM.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
miamio said:
Bad news, the price went up this month on the gm parts direct site. Was $188 now $255.60.

I would get them for the $188 price but not for $255.60!
This is why made a post about making aftermarket grilles that are like the Auto X grilles, but also work with a cool air induction system. We think we could offer the grilles for far less. In fact, I would expect for close to $300 that a complete cool air system could be had. We will soon know, that's for sure.

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts