LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working with our friends at Sonnax on a new version of a 1350 yoke for the GTO's, this is a special designed billet Flange will bolt directly up to the 3 bolt Diff on the cars. This is the same design as the aluminum welded ends and the ends used for bonding on the Carbon Fiber so you know it will take the Hp. the part will center on the ground pin coming out of the rear so you know centerlines will be perfect. for those that dont want to open up the diff to change to our 4340 flange mount and upset the crush collar this is a great way around it. we will be putting this end on all our Carbon and Aluminum shafts in the very near future (if the customer prefers them)

·
Show Car
9,516 Posts
Very nice Frank! I have been thinking of upgrading to a C/F driveshaft for mine and this would be way better than the adapter plate.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys, I'm thinking about doing a colored anodizing on the flange. what do you think these test ones were done in blue but i want thinking about a DSS green would be nice

·
Premium Member
82,600 Posts
ok guys, I'm thinking about doing a colored anodizing on the flange. what do you think these test ones were done in blue but i want thinking about a DSS green would be nice
If it's extra $, I'd avoid it, but if you could work out a very nice deal on the blue with a one piece shaft, I may be able to take that blue one off your hands.

·
Now Blown :)
1,412 Posts
Green would be better then blue... looks too much like "Ford" Blue...

·
Show Car
9,516 Posts
If you go with the green, I think you should also do natural aluminum as it would be nice to have a choice. I would rather have the natural then the green. But if you have a choice of colors available, I would go with the blue.

·
Premium Member
82,600 Posts
I would go with the blue.
The blue one is mine :fawkdance

It was nice talking to you Frank, I think I'm going to get the bearing/seal for the output shaft as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
Frank, my sense of aesthetics would like to know if you can anodize everything but the tube in blue. Specifically on that high modulus skinny CF shaft. with the pinion flange of course.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Can you get this with the 2-piece driveshaft? Much of a price difference over billet aluminum plate?

I really don't want to open rear and would love to avoid billet aluminum plate if I can.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you get this with the 2-piece driveshaft? Much of a price difference over billet aluminum plate?

I really don't want to open rear and would love to avoid billet aluminum plate if I can.

Thanks
I the very near future all of the plate style shafts will bo converted to this style, give a call i can do them now if you need one.

·
Show Car
9,516 Posts
The blue one is mine :fawkdance
You can have the first blue one as I am not ready to upgrade yet. And by then Frank will have more!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts