LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, um obviously new and am getting an 05 GTO within the next week. Took one for a test drive after drivin my buddies Z, and both he and I about crapped ourselves and I just have to get one. My only thing is what color? Ive narrowed it down to the Impulse Blue and the Phantom Black. I will be getting aftermarket wheels, so im really looking for opinions on which looks the best after a nice set of low profile racing wheels.. im not a big bling guy... I like speed not bling... Soooo the question IS.. BLACK OR BLUE?

PS for those of you who have seen the MTI GTO video or read the article in Motor Trend im absolutely in love with the way that car looks... but mayb a black can look better?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I own a black car. I would have to tell you to go with blue. It is not my daily driver. I can't keep it clean now. I would hate to see a daily driven black one.

·
^ Now 2005 mbm
217 Posts
What you should do is get a combination of both which would equal Midnight blue! If you haven't seen it in person you should check it out....Good luck with your purchase either way.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
^^^^^^ +1. If you're getting an '05, MBM is the best color for that year and 2nd best overall, behind the '06 Spice Red....IMHO of course.

·
^ Now 2005 mbm
217 Posts
^ I'd say that's pretty true. Barbados blue in 04, midnight blue in 05, and spice red in 06, all 1 year colors, all the best for the year. Just my opinion...Plus it's pretty cool they were only 1 year and less made. You wont see many like you around when driving.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
impulse blue/blue

·
Registered
231 Posts
IBM/Blue interior. The black doesn't show the lines of the car as well...at least not from the front. My buddy and I bought ours together. Ironically, he bought the black, I bought the blue. We both agree that the blue looks much sharper and accents the car better.

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
Black is black. There is no other color on the road quite like Impulse Blue. Spice Red and Brazen Orange are also two beautiful colors.

IBM FTW!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Blue on blue looks awesome. Black looks killer once detailed but seeing it get dirty just an hr later would drive me crazy everytime.

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
brazen orange!

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
1,463 Posts
blue_gto_70 said:
What you should do is get a combination of both which would equal Midnight blue! If you haven't seen it in person you should check it out....Good luck with your purchase either way.
Agreed - MBM rocks:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had a Black Tahoe with the plates "NEVRCLN".
I think you get the point.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts