LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - I'm a new GTO owner in the Raleigh/Cary area. Just wanted to throw an introduction out here, see if there are many others in my area. I'd like to join in on any upcoming events/get togethers if there are any planned, have a chance to meet some other GTO-ers.

I recently purchased an A4 Impulse Blue 2004 GTO and I am loving every mile in it. I was particularly won over with the blue leather/suede interior - of course the LS1 isn't too shabby either!

I am curious if anyone can recommend a reliable bodyshop to get an aftermarket hood painted and installed at? After shopping around, I'm considering the woodward or banshee hood, but don't want to purchase until I've got a shop lined up. So, any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

·
See what had happened was....
414 Posts
I'm not in your area but congrats on the new car!

·
O-TOWN Track Coordinator
161 Posts
not in your area but WELCOME

·
6.7 Liter Girl
313 Posts
Not in your area, but congrats...I got my 04 Red A4 on Friday, like you I am loving it.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,808 Posts
Howdy. I call Wendell home. Here are some events being planned at VMP.

http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101407

http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95586

Also there are cruise-ins at Grill 57 in Garner (3rd Saturday each month) and Char-Grill on Atlantic Ave. (1st Saturday).

I have been very happy with Barnes Collision in Zebulon for paint work. They are not the cheapest, but do excellent work. I have heard good things about Carolina Auto Body on Poole Rd. from a co-worker.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Look for any topics in the Southeast section with Carolina Goat Herd or CGH in them. We're a loose knit group, not a formal club, and we're spread out over North and South Carolina. There's local get togethers and larger organized events, such as the VMP event above. We hope to have a GTG this fall at Rockingham, Darlington, or Fayetteville. Just keep your eyes open.
Welcome!
Oh, and by the way, Lisatw151 is the "fearless leader" of the CGH. You've been warned. :)

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
Look for any topics in the Southeast section with Carolina Goat Herd or CGH in them. We're a loose knit group, not a formal club, and we're spread out over North and South Carolina. There's local get togethers and larger organized events, such as the VMP event above. We hope to have a GTG this fall at Rockingham, Darlington, or Fayetteville. Just keep your eyes open.
Welcome!
What he said!!!

powerdude said:
Oh, and by the way, Lisatw151 is the "fearless leader" of the CGH. You've been warned. :)

:wall: There IS no leader of the CGH, since we're not a formal club. Right?? :stickpoke:

Sorry it took me so long to find this thread. Like PowerDude says... we're very informal and spread out. Just keep an eye out. We've actually got quite a few things coming up. Look for a sticky at the top of the SouthEast section pertaining to upcoming area events. I just updated it yesterday. :D

Oh, what the heck. I did the work for you. Here's the link:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136126

And Welcome!! :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
congrats, welcome, ive heard that garner collision is very very good

·
Always Gentle
625 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Where in the Raleigh area do you reside ? I'm off of 1010 behind Garner........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts