LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Go, speed racer, GO!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! Ok, so this is my 1st day joining your elite group, but have been reading all your lovely info for the past 2 months or so. Just about ready to order my 05 GTO...wish me luck! I have 2 dealerships that have said MSRP-and I guess thats ok....Looking at the yellowjacket :) I guess the only thing I want different, and please don't get sick...I want the blue seats-not the black ones....ANybody have any luck ordering anything different like this. Black is so usual (maybe I'm stuck?) I personally think the back and blue interior wood be coool! I need help! Anyway, thanks for listening to my thoughts!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! blue leather is awesome.....black and blue would look good.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome aboard. Chalk one up for the Great Pacific Northwest!!!

MSRP is not know yet. All we know is that it will be under $35,000. That is what they told us about the 04's until the price was announced in November.

:drink::drink:

·
Go, speed racer, GO!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer I talked to said no more than $35K ( I was going to get a new Lotus Elise-and they are $45k) I am getting the 6-speed and 18" rims...He said the LS2 will not add much if any to the cost-maybe 1%-Not too concerned since I was ready to plunk down $45k anyway...Now for the wait. I just want those blue seats!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
swens421 said:
The dealer I talked to said no more than $35K ( I was going to get a new Lotus Elise-and they are $45k) I am getting the 6-speed and 18" rims...He said the LS2 will not add much if any to the cost-maybe 1%-Not too concerned since I was ready to plunk down $45k anyway...Now for the wait. I just want those blue seats!!!
I hear ya on the Elise but they scare the crapola out of me with their size. It is SUV territory up here. Also with a list of $45k (dealers were marking up GTO's $10K imagine what it would be on this one) and Microsoft living here I doubt any normal person could get one.
:drink::drink:

·
Go, speed racer, GO!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't trust the reliabilty of the Lotus and I'm 200+ miles to the dealership....I need to buy a flat bed trailer also. The GTO has the speed and service that I can handle. It may not be reliable as a Toyota-but I can handle 10 miles away. 2005 GTO is going to be great!

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Be prepared....Dealers cannot place orders for 18" wheel equipped GTO's before November. Also, the tire that is mounted on 18" wheels from the factory will be "summer use only," whatever that means. So if that isn't your cup of tea, be prepared to mount new tires sooner than you planned.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Welcome. :drink:

·
jwalther
33 Posts
HRJ said:
Be prepared....Dealers cannot place orders for 18" wheel equipped GTO's before November. Also, the tire that is mounted on 18" wheels from the factory will be "summer use only," whatever that means. So if that isn't your cup of tea, be prepared to mount new tires sooner than you planned.
"Summer use only" means a high performance, three season tire. Rubber composition and tread pattern will not allow for winter use. Practically, it means having two sets of tires if you live anyplace where the temperature gets below freezing.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
swens421 said:
Hi Everyone! Ok, so this is my 1st day joining your elite group, but have been reading all your lovely info for the past 2 months or so. Just about ready to order my 05 GTO...wish me luck! I have 2 dealerships that have said MSRP-and I guess thats ok....Looking at the yellowjacket :) I guess the only thing I want different, and please don't get sick...I want the blue seats-not the black ones....ANybody have any luck ordering anything different like this. Black is so usual (maybe I'm stuck?) I personally think the back and blue interior wood be coool! I need help! Anyway, thanks for listening to my thoughts!
Welcome aboard!

I too think the Yellowjacket might look good with the blue leather. Unfortunately you can only get the blue leather with the Impulse Blue.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jwalther said:
"Summer use only" means a high performance, three season tire. Rubber composition and tread pattern will not allow for winter use. Practically, it means having two sets of tires if you live anyplace where the temperature gets below freezing.

Jeff
It also means to watch the f*** out in the wet :) Usually. And don't be a dumbass and turn off the traction control in the rain, I don't care how cool you are. 395lb-ft are not cute and cuddly when they make you hydroplane. :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
jwalther said:

Jeff
hmm, very good info to know. now it looks like i really need a winter beater

1 - 13 of 13 Posts