LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My user name is Rob Y, I'm 70 years old. I've had 2 64 GTOS and 2 65s, all with tripower. I ran them at Detroit drag strip in the 60s, and street raced on Woodward Avenue on Friday nights. I kicked the crap out of a couple Road Runners. I now have a 2004 LS1 goat. Don't get it out much, but it's crazy fun to drive. I Bought it from my son. I hope we can all get along. When I was still not feeling old, I've had the Tremec out by myself to change clutches. Big difference in weight compared to the old Muncie M21s.

GR-RRR!
Welcome to the herd! We have a few guys here that are also advanced in age. :)
I resemble that remark. :D

We have a 64 tripower GTO, and an 04 and an 06. I also have a 65 Malibu SS L79 which legend has it kicked the stuffing out of a 64 GTO back in the day. ;)

Registered
2005 PBM
My user name is Rob Y, I'm 70 years old. I've had 2 64 GTOS and 2 65s, all with tripower. I ran them at Detroit drag strip in the 60s, and street raced on Woodward Avenue on Friday nights. I kicked the crap out of a couple Road Runners. I now have a 2004 LS1 goat. Don't get it out much, but it's crazy fun to drive. I Bought it from my son. I hope we can all get along. When I was still not feeling old, I've had the Tremec out by myself to change clutches. Big difference in weight compared to the old Muncie M21s.
Welcome!

GR-RRR!
I bought my 1st GTO in 1968. I've had 2 64s and two 65s. All tripower cars. I now have an 04 LS1. What a difference 40 years makes.
Back when this site was bigger and more busy I got a couple of t-shirts from this site. One said (for the LS2 GTOs) "Most powerful GTO....ever". The other one said, "Same great taste of the original, without the carbs." :D

Premium Member
Welcome. One has to respect where we came from. And certainly appreciate where we made it to. To bad Pontiac is dead. It would be great to see where they would have taken it to.

Chickun maka lousy houspet
I'm no spring chicken (I'm turning 50 in a few weeks).

Welcome to the herd. I'm an equal opportunity automobile lover, but Pontiacs are part of my DNAt. I'm so jealous you had the opportunity to own a new first year GTO. I would have loved to have been able to do that.

...or buy a new Aqua Marine '63 Grand Prix, Iris Mist '65 GTO, '69 T/A or Lucerne Blue '70 T/A R/A...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts