LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
outlawpontiacdragseries.c om
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new headlights but everything i find is bmw/angel eyes bs. Anything else out there? I would like to go hid as well.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
All you're going to find is angel-eyes types, being sold under a dozen different names, or OEM at the cost of a limb. Could always opt to buy the black (not 'chrome') ones and then just not connect the ricer angel-eyes 'rings', and I dont think they would look that bad.

I struggled with the same choices and eventually just repaired mine with a cerakote ceramic kit. I was really, really impressed. Search my posts and you'll find my pics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you don't like the "Spyder" headlights (official aftermarket ones you speak of) then you have to buy OEM or repair yours.

This question seems to come up a lot on the forum. Are there places that restore plastic headlights? I'm sure that is a much better option that $2k.

·
GTOless
7,146 Posts
The RH headlight is still available from GM for about $840. I could potentially get them for about $500, but you would have to find a clean LH or recondition yours.

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 speed, 1-7/8 ARH Headers, corsa sport catback, DSS 1000 h.p. 1 pc. D/S, K&N intak
405 Posts
Id like to know if the guys from the factory that being the bezel part fit inside the spyder headlight housing and then you'll have a new lense and housing? I've been tempted to buy a used spyder headlight on ebay and use my old already attempted to repair housing to see fitment.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
All you're going to find is angel-eyes types, being sold under a dozen different names, or OEM at the cost of a limb. Could always opt to buy the black (not 'chrome') ones and then just not connect the ricer angel-eyes 'rings', and I dont think they would look that bad.

I struggled with the same choices and eventually just repaired mine with a cerakote ceramic kit. I was really, really impressed. Search my posts and you'll find my pics.
Whoa whoa there buddy! The new camaro, challenger and many other cars now come with those halos.....I dont think the rice crowd started that...I think they just copied it. And i happen to feel like it looks good on my.....and I'm very anti-rice...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Couldn't you just get a pair from Australia from a monaro?

Nevermind. I remember I looked into that like 5 years ago. You'd blind people and the connectors are different.
Adapters can and have been made DIY

The light myth is just that. Holds about as much water as ear candles.

Traffic and road signs in the US occupy both the left and right sides of the roadways. Also. When American drivers visit other countries. We are not blinded by strange foreign headlamps surrounding us.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
Adapters can and have been made DIY

The light myth is just that. Holds about as much water as ear candles.

Traffic and road signs in the US occupy both the left and right sides of the roadways. Also. When American drivers visit other countries. We are not blinded by strange foreign headlamps surrounding us.
thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks for clearing that up.
I don't know that I did.

Monaro headlamps have two sets of adjustment screws. Vertical and horizontal.

Here is a picture of another owners fabricated pigtail rendering Australian market lamps plug and play and perfect for seeing the left shoulder of US roadways (lol?)
Wood Packing materials Gas Packaging and labeling Rectangle
Product Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
i mean it is possible to have two different light patterns cast for each headlamp. Some headlights seem designed that way.

having looked at the projector lenses, reflectors, and housings for the GTO headlamps, though, i really didn't see much of a difference between the two sides.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It May be a dumb question but I am looking up images of Monaro headlights and their inside corner looks more rounded and less like a corner. Do they actually look ok with the GTO bumper or is there a gap?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts