LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sweet article about the magnacharger for the GTO with lots of pics! haven't read it yet.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTPprix said:
Glad ya like it, thats Howies car :)
oh chris, i just noticed the suspension upgrade article to the XP.
how far in advance do you guys write this stuff!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, just read it. very sweet article. they even take the magnacharger apart to show the internal workings.
now i really want one :(

·
Banned
504 Posts
The dyno graph everyone wants to see is on the last page of the article. I tried to post it here but i's too big to attach. Anyone who would like one, just email me an I'll send it your way.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howie said:
The dyno graph everyone wants to see is on the last page of the article. I tried to post it here but i's too big to attach. Anyone who would like one, just email me an I'll send it your way.
can you downsize it? or send it to DY to put on the media page?

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Howie said:
I e-mailed you and never got anything! :(:(:(

;)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
I e-mailed you and never got anything! :(:(:(

;)
hey if you do hook me up

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
oh chris, i just noticed the suspension upgrade article to the XP.
how far in advance do you guys write this stuff!
Heheh well typically I'm anywhere from 2-5 months out typically. It's funny, I can never remember when things will be printed and such, for example the shootout in that issue I did in APRIL! :)

·
Banned
504 Posts
I've emailed the dyno sheet to the couple of responses I got. If you'd like a copy please email me and I'll forward the smae email to you.

[email protected]

·
Evil SS
89 Posts
Are they still using a roots or have they switched to a twinscrew like Eaton has. There is a MTI in GMHTP that says they have twin screw kits available?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Screwed Goat said:
Are they still using a roots or have they switched to a twinscrew like Eaton has. There is a MTI in GMHTP that says they have twin screw kits available?

well i am not SUPER familar with different kinds of S/C. but the pics appear to be a twin screw set up. very cool stuff.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts

·
Evil SS
89 Posts
I know that Eaton makes roots style blowers. Eaton is the suppler for the Ford GT(40) and that blower is a twin screw. So Eaton now makes at least one twin screw blower. I was wondering if Magnusson was using that blower but I guess not.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
The GT has a 10 rib setup and I acctually thought it was a blower from whipple. I did not know that it was supplied from eaton.

EDIT: Just figured out who you were ;) Didnt know we had a movie star here. Was that scene with the dealership and "test driving" the cobra setup or not?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DevilYellow said:
The GT has a 10 rib setup and I acctually thought it was a blower from whipple. I did not know that it was supplied from eaton.

EDIT: Just figured out who you were ;) Didnt know we had a movie star here. Was that scene with the dealership and "test driving" the cobra setup or not?
who do we have here? come on. let us in on the secret. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts