LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 6,000k LED headlights and fog lights on my GTO. They are really bright. Easy install, plug and play.

·
Is that FWD?
1,161 Posts
Installed 6,000k LED headlights and fog lights on my GTO. They are really bright. Easy install, plug and play.

I did same last year. I was surprised how much brighter the LED head light bulbs are now.

Reactions: ORGTO04

·
Is that FWD?
1,161 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Im going to try these. Thanks! Been using my fogs to get a little more light on the road. A retrofit would be nice in the future but that means tearing down a set of headlights

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
438 Posts
Any idea on heat compared to halogen/HID? I would be worried about melting something with that big heat sink on the back, especially since on the GTO the heatsink would be enclosed in the headlight with the cover behind the bulbs.

·
Is that FWD?
1,161 Posts
thanks for the links! Lows and Fogs were both plug and play?
Yes, super easy to change. Fog lights are much easier to do if up on ramps though.
The low beams have a little heat sink fan that will sit inside the housing that is on the wire harness, but there was plenty of room in there.

Reactions: peeps

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Yes, super easy to change. Fog lights are much easier to do if up on ramps though.
The low beams have a little heat sink fan that will sit inside the housing that is on the wire harness, but there was plenty of room in there.
Did you put the heatsink inside the headlight? Or leave the bulb covers off?

·
Is that FWD?
1,161 Posts
Reactions: Sacrifice

·
Seriously?
1,622 Posts
Which brand have you guys used?
In for the same information
I put 6000k LEDs in mine back in the summer. The company I used was BPS Lighting on Canada. I have used their bulbs on multiple vehicles of mine with absolutely no issues. They offer a 2 year warranty on them. You can order them off Amazon, eBay, or directly from their website.

·
Worthless reject member
43,818 Posts
I might just say F it and give up the finely tuned halogen light pattern and go with the LED light vomit.

if i want to see far, i'll just blind people with my high beams.

JUST GONNNA SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND IT....

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I might just say F it and give up the finely tuned halogen light pattern and go with the LED light vomit.

if i want to see far, i'll just blind people with my high beams.

JUST GONNNA SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND IT....
I will say so far that the led doesnt headlight doesnt have a great cutoff like a retrofit does. But it is better lit up and not the halogen color anymore.

Was having trouble trying to get the fogs in though. Stock ones go in fine.

·
Worthless reject member
43,818 Posts
my main concern has always been the pattern, as purportedly LED's in projector assemblies do not throw much light far into the distance, only near. which is ok for city driving, i guess. country road at night with not many or no street lamps... eh...

but that's what highbeams are for, right?

the cutoff part might be an issue. could very annoying for oncoming traffic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts