LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
my main concern has always been the pattern, as purportedly LED's in projector assemblies do not throw much light far into the distance, only near. which is ok for city driving, i guess. country road at night with not many or no street lamps... eh...

but that's what highbeams are for, right?

the cutoff part might be an issue. could very annoying for oncoming traffic.
I dont think its throwing light off enough to blind oncoming traffic. Honestly seems on par for the stock beam just better lit (if that makes sense)
I didnt get flashed at all tonight. Its nowhere near HIDs in a reflector. Just a retrofit would be a far better light output if you dont have an issue cutting up an older pair of headlights (also talking 10x price than these bulbs).

I finally got the fogs in. I had to clip the center nub since they didnt quite fit. The leds arent sitting vertical so not sure if they are really aimed right or i need to clip other nubs so they turn further?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Low beam and fogs up close (2ish ft)

Low beams only (maybe 20ft away but my driveway slopes down to the garage)

Low beams and fogs (camera doesnt pick it up well but it is a bit more light than just low beams)

High beams (halogens still)

·
Pepper's Pilot
8,987 Posts
Just got around to putting these in yesterday. Low beams went in nice and easy. Fogs don’t fit. H10 and 9040 have a different tab patterns, despite them being listed as the same model for H10 and 9040. Sealight refunded my money even a year later, but 9040 only doesn’t seem to be an option for any manufacturer, only listed as H10 and 9040, so looks like I need to modify the tabs.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Just got around to putting these in yesterday. Low beams went in nice and easy. Fogs don’t fit. H10 and 9040 have a different tab patterns, despite them being listed as the same model for H10 and 9040. Sealight refunded my money even a year later, but 9040 only doesn’t seem to be an option for any manufacturer, only listed as H10 and 9040, so looks like I need to modify the tabs.
I had to do the same with the fogs. Modify the light tabs a bit

21 - 26 of 26 Posts