LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
It's about time they came out with a composite unit. They came out with all these sheetmetal or aluminum ones that kinda defeated the purpose of the original composite unit.

I'm right along with Jon, I have to supercede the stage 2 GTP setup I have on the Camaro. :D

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I think its gonna be awesome! Thats why I have one on pre-order to go along with my Stage 2 LS6 Heads :thumbs:

The LSX works well with a litle porting. The 90 mm TB needs a FAST unit but the 78 is a bolt on.

As for cylinder heads, just wait for the AFR 205 heads. They'll blow away any ported stockers.

Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have stock cube motor keep your money. The only gain I've seen so far is w/ 400+ cube motor. Hopefully it'll do better w/ the AFR heads.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is that new maifold the same as the one on the Comp Cams site? It certainly reads it and sounds it. Does anyone know if the new one in the first original post will have a bigger inlet for the fittment of a 90mm throttle body as per the one on the Comp Cams site?

Those new AFR heads others have been taking about will be awesome and I think they are being released in March?

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Monaro Aussie said:
Is that new maifold the same as the one on the Comp Cams site? It certainly reads it and sounds it. Does anyone know if the new one in the first original post will have a bigger inlet for the fittment of a 90mm throttle body as per the one on the Comp Cams site?

Same intake.
The 78 and 90 are currently being sold.
With some porting these intakes will rock..
:thumbs:

Those new AFR heads others have been taking about will be awesome and I think they are being released in March?
I've been in contact with Tony and Rick at AFR on these new LS heads for quite some time now and they are completing their final testing. From my latest info, mid February date is when the first group of 205 series will be on my shelves. The 225 series will be about a week to ten days later....

I 'll let you know how they work... :bubbrub

Ed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks heaps EDC. It is so hard to get performance parts in Australia for the LS-1. Everyone just goes bolt-ons, very few go past more then a cam change. But then again the price for having engine work done over here is ludicrious also. I will be taking a holiday to the good old U.S.A in the near future I feel!

God I wish I could bring a fully worked C5-R into Australia from the U.S. (I'm drooling now)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Monaro Aussie
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing