LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if anyone saw it in yesterday paper but they are talking about putting a nascar superspeedway out by E-470 and tower. Yes you heard me right, about 2 miles from where the last track was shut down. Now im with all you, ill believe it when i see bleachers being trucked in but this would be frickin awesome. Talks are also to put a road course in it for a grand prix as well as maybe a drag strip they said.

Just thought it was funny when reading it that they shut one down because people were complaining so their trying to build one two miles from it. Funny stuff.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
would be nice if they did it.
we need more tracks :(

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Which paper?

Any chance there is an online version of the story we could get to read the story?

·
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedhotGTO said:
Which paper?

Any chance there is an online version of the story we could get to read the story?

not sure, it was in tuesdays Rocky Mountain news. On the sports front page.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
by the way from that article

"Denver remains ripe for a superspeedway, especially because last year ISC bought out the owners of Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain. That track had hosted NASCAR Busch and Craftsman Truck series races."

the REASON ISC bought PPIR and is sitting on it was to PREVENT NASCAR from being here. I doubt very seriously we are going to see one soon.

·
"How big could it be?"
480 Posts
Here we go again, another racetrack story...

I try to remain optimistic about these stores, but teasers like this circulate on the local oval track board all the time. Seriously, this must be the sixth or seventh time I have heard talk of a racetrack, and everyone from Penske to Petty has been involved. Did you read how the want to build this one next to Reunion? That "town" was reponsible for having RMNS (*my* old track) closed down for noise (which was total :bs: ), because they would rather hear the jets from DIA fly right over their melons. Don't get me wrong, NOBODY wants another local oval track more than me, but hearing these rumors over & over again is making me a bit cynical about this. *rant over*

Like Eric said, I'll believe it when I see grandstands, and then I'll sell my soul (but not the GTO) to build/buy a car to run in one of their lower classes.

BTW, interesting fact: What sport do more Coloradans participate in more than any other? Answer: Motorsports!

·
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drivefastgto said:
Here we go again, another racetrack story...

I try to remain optimistic about these stores, but teasers like this circulate on the local oval track board all the time. Seriously, this must be the sixth or seventh time I have heard talk of a racetrack, and everyone from Penske to Petty has been involved. Did you read how the want to build this one next to Reunion? That "town" was reponsible for having RMNS (*my* old track) closed down for noise (which was total :bs: ), because they would rather hear the jets from DIA fly right over their melons. Don't get me wrong, NOBODY wants another local oval track more than me, but hearing these rumors over & over again is making me a bit cynical about this. *rant over*

Like Eric said, I'll believe it when I see grandstands, and then I'll sell my soul (but not the GTO) to build/buy a car to run in one of their lower classes.

BTW, interesting fact: What sport do more Coloradans participate in more than any other? Answer: Motorsports!
would have guessed skiing.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Avsguy33 said:
would have guessed skiing.
nah thats mostly tourists
I dont anyone that skis anymore, though I used to snowboard every year

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
by the way from that article

"Denver remains ripe for a superspeedway, especially because last year ISC bought out the owners of Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain. That track had hosted NASCAR Busch and Craftsman Truck series races."

the REASON ISC bought PPIR and is sitting on it was to PREVENT NASCAR from being here. I doubt very seriously we are going to see one soon.
not really they could be try'in to take the market first. but anyway nascar dont give races to tracks that arent done yet. even if they own the track

1 - 12 of 12 Posts