3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Nothubertjfarnsworth 
#1 ·
The performance modifications are modest:

-ported LS2 throttle body
-25% SLP underdrive crank pulley
-JBA shorty headers
-JBA high flow cats
-Magnaflow catback
-Fast 102 LSXR intake manifold (port matched by me)
-DuSpeed intake with a K&N filter
-relocated fast read IAT sensor
-NGK TR6 spark plugs

Runs on 91 octane pure gas (no alcohol). Runs and drives real nice.

Results: 379 rwhp read by a DynoJet dyno with the 2019 software (was told the newer software reads lower than older software). I don't know about that, but it drives nice, pulls hard for what it is. Can't wait to get it back to the track or to strap on my G-Tech and see if is any quicker.

Unfortunately he was unable to get a before HP reading as it was running way too lean at anything above 3000 RPMs to give it a WOT run on the stock tune. It was about 90 degrees out when the tuning was done.

I'll add a link to the Youtibe video posted when it is done loading.

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
I'm not sure what is going on with the link to the YT video, but some automatic editor must be changing the address, I can't post the correct address no matter what I do.

Just search Youtube for "2006 GTO modest bolt-ons dyno run"

#7 ·
Add a modest cam like I did and you'll be north of 400 rwhp.

#12 ·
Great numbers for your mods.

Were you on the stock tune, or your previous mail-order tune for the initial run where you said you were too lean above 3k rpm? Sort of odd to know the car was super lean on a stock tune with your mods. That said, an OTR combined with a FAST 102 should pull a good amount of air.

#13 ·
I had put it back to the stock tune. It seemed to run fine, but the wideband doesn't lie. But I'm glad I didn't drive it much with the stock tune back in it. Pretty much just the 5-6 miles to the tuner. But I've always heard that the stock tune is actually overly rich, so it is kind of odd that it was running lean. Perhaps the combination of headers and a much better intake system explain it.

#15 ·
Not bad at all. I made 368hp to the wheels with a Vararam CAI, and JBA shorties into cat-less mids. With long-tube headers I picked up 10 more and I suspect you will pick up another 10-12 at the wheels as well. I am also very surprised to hear that you were running lean on the stock tune with those bolt-ons. Enjoy that new power, and save up for some headers and a cam.

#20 ·
Nice numbers. I have full JBA setup, LS6 heads/cam/fast102, TB, MAF, 3200 stall, etc. Mine came in at 437rwhp, but then I went to 1 piece carbon fiber driveshaft and lightweight rims, I would like to dyno it again to see if I gained any.

#22 ·
Typically 15% for manual and 20% for auto. But with lightweight driveshaft, flexplate, axle stubs etc, lighter rims, I probably reduced my 20% loss on auto.

#26 ·
If my math is correct, I'm hitting peak HP at roughly 5500 RPMs. That seems a little low but then I am not intimately familiar with the exact specs of the LS2 cam. But it is also good to note that the power does not drop off much beyond the peak to well past redline. But still, I might want to alter my shift light settings to have it go off a little earlier than it does now (6500).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.