LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
What are the typical drivetrain loss percentage for an M6 drivetrain?
Typically 15% for manual and 20% for auto. But with lightweight driveshaft, flexplate, axle stubs etc, lighter rims, I probably reduced my 20% loss on auto.

What are the typical drivetrain loss percentage for an M6 drivetrain?
Typically 15% for manual and 20% for auto. But with lightweight driveshaft, flexplate, axle stubs etc, lighter rims, I probably reduced my 20% loss on auto.
Yup, ~15% for a manual, so you're flirting at 450 crank hp.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Yup, ~15% for a manual, so you're flirting at 450 crank hp.
Given rough numbers supposedly added for each of the components installed, I'd say the tune itself was good for around 15-20hp (at the crank) from stock then. I'm happy with that. Now if it would just cool down around here I could enjoy all of that!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
If my math is correct, I'm hitting peak HP at roughly 5500 RPMs. That seems a little low but then I am not intimately familiar with the exact specs of the LS2 cam. But it is also good to note that the power does not drop off much beyond the peak to well past redline. But still, I might want to alter my shift light settings to have it go off a little earlier than it does now (6500).

If my math is correct, I'm hitting peak HP at roughly 5500 RPMs. That seems a little low but then I am not intimately familiar with the exact specs of the LS2 cam. But it is also good to note that the power does not drop off much beyond the peak to well past redline. But still, I might want to alter my shift light settings to have it go off a little earlier than it does now (6500).
That sounds right.

Shift at redline.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.