LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LS1 N/A 11 Second Club
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hoping for a little cooler temps from 82 dropping to 79 dergrees, but it was not to be yet in Alabama.

Anyways, I ran the car at full street weight, spare included, and a half a tank of gas. So needless to say I'm pretty happy to this point. I hope with much cooler weather and maybe a little weight reduction (ie. less gas) I'll make it into the 11's N/A.

Here's the info:

R/T.........0.452 sucks
60'..........1.681 finally below a 1.7
1/8.........7.790
MPH........87.83
1/4........12.204
MPH......112.50

DA:1879

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some buddies and I ran there Fri. night but the track was too slick. All I could
muster was a 13.80 spinning badly. Is it a lot better on Sun.? I think the next
time I go I'll give Sun. a shot. The weather was great Fri. night track just wasn't
prepped good and it never got any heat in it.

·
LS1 N/A 11 Second Club
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1quickA4 said:
Some buddies and I ran there Fri. night but the track was too slick. All I could
muster was a 13.80 spinning badly. Is it a lot better on Sun.? I think the next
time I go I'll give Sun. a shot. The weather was great Fri. night track just wasn't
prepped good and it never got any heat in it.

The right lane wasn't bad. They were very picky about who they let run in the :quoties: groove:quoties:. But it had to be better because of bracket racing on Saturday.

Perdieu said:
Nice times..
Thanks.

I've followed your progress all summer, great job, now bust an 11 N/A.:patriot:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice 60ft!

·
Z PoPo
668 Posts
Congrats on your new best!

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
Good run, John. I keep thinking that I need to get back to Steele again.

John

·
Z PoPo
668 Posts
I keep wondering what it would be like if they treated the left lane.

I'll go back soon too.

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Congratulations on the excellent numbers. However, I have to ask why you would want to run with the extra weight?

-K

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
LA_Phantom said:
Congratulations on the excellent numbers. However, I have to ask why you would want to run with the extra weight?

-K
Pick one:

A. He is a purist.
B. He doesn't know how to remove the spare.
C. He knows how; but is too lazy.
D. He feels that extra weight in the rear might help traction.

:gr_devil: :D

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
very nice..looks like I got a little more work to do......

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Nice times John! Looks like with your 1/8 times, an 11.xx is in the bag. Not bumping the rev limiter are you?

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
TA455 said:
Pick one:

A. He is a purist.
B. He doesn't know how to remove the spare.
C. He knows how; but is too lazy.
D. He feels that extra weight in the rear might help traction.

:gr_devil: :D
LOL! I would probably overthink the whole issue and decide on "D". ;)

Still...the numbers were sweet. I just can't get over the 60' time...and don't remember, are we talking about drag radials here?

-K

·
LS1 N/A 11 Second Club
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.

LA_Phantom said:

-K
I would like to break into the 11's, N/A, at the street weight which I drive everyday. I think with cooler air I might get there.

LA_Phantom said:
Still...the numbers were sweet. I just can't get over the 60' time...and don't remember, are we talking about drag radials here?

-K
Yeah, I'm running MT 275/40/17 on spare set of stock rims.

JatStew said:
Nice times John! Looks like with your 1/8 times, an 11.xx is in the bag. Not bumping the rev limiter are you?
Nope. Shift points are set at 5900 rpm but it shifts between 6200 and 6400 rpms.

·
Omnicidal maniac
1,311 Posts
Does anyone but me think the top end of the track at steele feels like a ride at six flags? I went there last weekend for the first time, and was surprised at how rough it is.

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
gametech said:
Does anyone but me think the top end of the track at steele feels like a ride at six flags? I went there last weekend for the first time, and was surprised at how rough it is.
I've only been there once; but I noticed the same thing. If you close your eyes, it isn't as bad. :secret:

·
Omnicidal maniac
1,311 Posts
If I closed my eyes running 120mph+ in my bosse's 1970 corvette, I might not need to worry about bumps in the strip. But I hope to have my gto out there soon.

·
Z PoPo
668 Posts
gametech said:
You should have raced on it before it was repaved!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts