LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the track today, got a new PB. I could have launched harder and easily got a 1.7xx 60' but I'm still gun shy after breaking my axle stubs last trip out. I'm wishing I had an auto now... Anyways, here it is.

60' 1.956
1/8 7.820
MPH 94.40mph
1/4 11.787
MPH 127.24mph

She pulls real good up top, I think a 1.7 60 would have netted an 11.4ish. I'm gonna have to get BMR axles next... heh.

370 iron block, 9:1
stock heads
LS6 cam
T70 turbo
meth/fmic

Thoughts?

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
1.956 to 1.7 = .256 x 2 = .512
11.78 - .512 = 11.27et
1.7s should be no problem.
I feel for you M6 guys at the track..
:(
Considering you are trapping 15mph faster than me you should be in the tens..

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
nice ...

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
How many lbs of boost are you running? Do you have a two step if not do you build any boost in 1st off the line. I'm going with an STS system with the 67 turbo. I've been told boost doesn't build till the end of 1st. I'm an M6 also and I like this idea because I think it would be easier on the drive train if the boost doesn't hit till the top of 1st.

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running 12psi. You can build boost whenever you want really. I used to launch on about 5psi and can cut 1.7 60s but I'm fearing my driveline will break lately so I kinda just ease into it. I've got full boost in 1st at like 4000rpm.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
HydroStream6 said:
I'm running 12psi. You can build boost whenever you want really. I used to launch on about 5psi and can cut 1.7 60s but I'm fearing my driveline will break lately so I kinda just ease into it. I've got full boost in 1st at like 4000rpm.
Very nice. Thanks for the info sounds like your cars pretty kick ass. Have you upgraded any driveline components yet? What kind of 1/4 mile times are you shooting for? I'm shooting for the 11.5 range thats seems pretty elusive with alot of the M6 cars.

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got BMR axle stubs after I broke my stockers at the strip. I want high 10s which is definitly obtainable. I'm going to retune for 14psi and start there, and I've got something else lined up if thats not enough... :)

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep... that's what I'm hoping for. I've just gotta find time and $$ to get on the dyno this week. I don't have any current vids, but if I go back Friday hopefully I can get someone to tape it.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
HydroStream6 said:
Yep... that's what I'm hoping for. I've just gotta find time and $$ to get on the dyno this week. I don't have any current vids, but if I go back Friday hopefully I can get someone to tape it.

Better hurry, I'll be working on first M6 in the 10's soon.

:gears:

I think your right, gotta go with the better axles, might wanna think full one piece drive shaft as well. We need a video too~!

·
No more shifting :(
702 Posts
10's with an M6 has been done. It was in I think either HPP or GMHTP. Some guy out west with a built 346 and GT67 ran a 10.6 or something close.

That is a nice trap speed you got there!! What are you doing in the next few weeks if you don't mind me asking.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
geegro05 said:
10's with an M6 has been done.
no that I've seen.........maybe a shop car or magazine car not a regular joe.

anyways nice #'s hydro, you already have the mph for 10's

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Holy shit that trap speed is awesome! Nice work. Get that 60' down!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts