LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Met up with Ironmancan at the track first thing this morning. Rosm187 showed up a bit later. Weather - not as cool as yesterday morning, probably mid-70s and a bit more humid too. Temp rose quickly to I'd say 90.

Wanted to make a few passes after installing Koni adjustable rear shocks to go along with my BMR drag bags and 235/60/15 M/T ET Street DRs.

Made 4 runs, three 12.4s and one 12.5. 60's were all in the 1.7s, but no PB. Found out afterward that what I thought I had put in the air bags (14 lbs) was actually 24#......:turbonaug Damn bi-focals :banghead: Might have had something to do with getting a bit more wheel spin off the line then I've experienced previously.

None the less, still got new PBs. Here's the "Tale of THE Tape":

R/T = -0.72 (If Doc GTO's .002 the other night was his self-proclaimed "Speed of Sound" R/T, then mine must be the "Speed of Light") :gr_devil:
'60 = 1.74
1/8 ET = 7.92
1/8 MPH = 88.29
1/4 ET = 12.41
1/4 MPH = 109.44

I've gotta go back and fool around with the air bag and tire pressure some. Looking to get into the 1.6s on the 60' and 12.25' in the 1/4 before the next round of mods.

Come on cold weather!!!!!! :turbonaug :gears:

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Had fun with Joey If we didn't do anything today we proved we're consistant.

Getting a glovebox full of 13.0's and blew my 12.9 again here's my story. My traps are 107/108 and today the car felt strong. I got a good launch and I was getting ready to hit 4th earlier than normal so I knew this was going to be a good run. I've yet to miss 4th with the GMM and it had to happen this run:banghead: 13.03 at 101MPH. I missed 4th twice:slap:. If my clutch holds out and we get a cold spell dare I say 12.8?:drink:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ironmancan said:

Getting a glovebox full of 13.0's and blew my 12.9 again here's my story. My traps are 107/108 and today the car felt strong. I got a good launch and I was getting ready to hit 4th earlier than normal so I knew this was going to be a good run. I've yet to miss 4th with the GMM and it had to happen this was run:banghead: . 13.03 at 101MPH. I missed 4th twice:slap:. If my clutch holds out and we get a cold spell dare I say 12.8?:drink:
Sorry to hear that Rick. You'll be well into the 12s very soon I think. Might be time to start thinking about installing that Spec 2 you got sitting around.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Apfu said:
Sorry to hear that Rick. You'll be well into the 12s very soon I think. Might be time to start thinking about installing that Spec 2 you got sitting around.
Yea, 16,500 miles and approx 80 runs down the track stock clutch has outperformed my expectations. I would like to get one 12.9 sec run before the swap. 15 Oct I plan on installing the Spec2+ and billet flywheel. I'm hoping to get one more track day out of the stock unit.

Unlike on thursdays it was nice to be able to cool the car and get to the line without having to idle for 20min. I think you would have liked it. One person hit the 11's but I don't want to steal his thunder.:turbonaug

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
txspdfrk said:
Isn't .002 less than .72 ? I think so. But you Goat's way faster than mine so great job!
My R/T was -.072 - I was just too fast for the tree. I think BMP needs to get a new one :gr_jest: :thumbs:

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ironmancan said:

Getting a glovebox full of 13.0's and blew my 12.9 again here's my story. My traps are 107/108 and today the car felt strong. I got a good launch and I was getting ready to hit 4th earlier than normal so I knew this was going to be a good run. I've yet to miss 4th with the GMM and it had to happen this run:banghead: 13.03 at 101MPH. I missed 4th twice:slap:. If my clutch holds out and we get a cold spell dare I say 12.8?:drink:
Keep at it, Rick. There's no doubt 12s are just a blast away. Just don't let me catch you missing 4th again :turbonaug

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AlphaEden said:
Very nice Joey were cutouts open or no?
But of course.....OPEN!!!!!

·
Its fast and fun.
892 Posts
Congrats Joey!! Good Times.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Very nice Joey... sorry I couldn't make it out. I ended up helping my mom around the house and by the time I was ready to go it was 11:45.

Just an observation. It seems like your mph is lower than it should be. Hopefully the cooler air coming will bring your ets down and mph up. You should be trapping 112-113mph I would think.

Kick ass 60ft times too man!

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
nice job on the PB, drop that 60' to a 1.6x and hit that 12.2....

sucks about that staging lane idiot......hope it ends up looking like new.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TrakDay said:
Very nice Joey... sorry I couldn't make it out. I ended up helping my mom around the house and by the time I was ready to go it was 11:45.

Just an observation. It seems like your mph is lower than it should be. Hopefully the cooler air coming will bring your ets down and mph up. You should be trapping 112-113mph I would think.

Kick ass 60ft times too man!
My mph may be just a tad low. I don't think 112-113 with my stalled A4 and other mods is a reasonable target. But, I'll be doing a bit of "tweaking" of the current set up so I may get a bit more out of it.

My 60s are O.K. Need to get down into the 1.6s and I'd like to be there before it cools down.

Bottom line is everytime I go to the track I come away with a new PB. Just gotta keep workin' it. :turbonaug

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
JoeyD said:
R/T = -0.72 (If Doc GTO's .002 the other night was his self-proclaimed "Speed of Sound" R/T, then mine must be the "Speed of Light") :gr_devil:
It was an .001 Joey . . . Clean you glasses buddy :eek:

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doc GTO said:
It was an .001 Joey . . . Clean you glasses buddy :eek:
But you were .000 at G'ville.......getting slower, huh????? :punch:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
JoeyD said: