LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

JBA now has shorty headers available for the GTO. These will bolt on with no cutting/welding required. Product info from JBA -

With 350 hp and 365 ft.-lbs. of torque on tap, the new GTO is capable of blistering performance. JBA's first offering for the GTO comes in the way of high performance headers that elevate that performance. Starting with the oversized ports and smooth flowing 1-5/8" mandrel-bent tubing, these headers give an unrestricted path for spent gasses leaving the engine. They merge in to JBA's patented Firecone® high flow collector for improved exhaust scavenging and reduced turbulence.

FEATURES:
• 3/8" thick laser-cut single piece flanges
• 1-5/8" Mandrel-bent 14 gauge mild steel primaries
• Patented JBA Firecone® merge collector
• JBA sealing dome connection with exhaust
• Premium quality hardware and gaskets
• Direct bolt-on installation
• Will not void factory warranty
• Optional ceramic coating (thermal barrier)
• 50 state smog legal

BENEFITS:
• Increase HP & Torque throughout RPM range (12-15HP Gain)
• Improved throttle response
• Reduced back pressure
• Reduced under hood temperature
• Increased passing power
• Increased low-end torque
• Makes engine more sensitive to other modifications (intake, chip, supercharger, etc.)
• Improved engine compartment appearance

Our part numbers and pricing are -

1809 GTO JBA headers with chrome plated finish $559.99
1809JS GTO JBA headers with Silver Ceramic finish $719.99
1809JT GTO JBA headers with Titanium Ceramic finish $719.99

These headers are ready to ship and this month's header discount will apply!

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It helps to protect the headers and keep them looking good. This is a good benefit over regular painted headers but JBA's standard chrome plated finish looks very good. It also helps to hold the heat in so less of it goes into the engine compartment.

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
What are the advantages/disadvantages of the shorty headers vs. the long tube headers. I would imagine that the long tube headers yield better hp, but you won't have the steering rack clearance problem with the shorties. It really doesn't look like the shorties offer too much of an advantage over the stock manifolds. Any true dyno results yet?

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any dyno results from these yet but shorty headers are usually good for a 10-12hp gain while long tubes can be worth about 25hp on a stock/mildly modified motor. There shouldn't be any fitment problems with properly designed set. They should go in without worrys about contact with the steering column or other parts of the car.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Too bad they aren't stainless. I went through two sets of headers on the Z06 that were coated mild steel and they both rusted in under 6 months.

I would actually think about them for $500 if they were stainless. I think I will just hold out for a set of SW LTs :D

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We sold a few sets of these over the weekend so you'll probably start seeing reviews in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For those who can't run a long tube (California will practically throw you in jail) I was able to get just the same amount of HP as the SW long tubes out of the 50 state smog legal JBA shorty headers.
STOCK:
307hp / 330tq

With JBA Headers (NO other mods at all)
337hp / 364tq

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This really is impressive for shorty headers on a stock motor.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Hey Tybrne whats the current waiting period for JBA's?

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're offering free shipping for all headers and exhausts that are ordered by September 19th. JBA is currently running a few weeks out in production of these.

Dbluegoat: I'd like to wish you and the other Florida good luck this week. The way things are going there will only be 49 states soon. :(

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
tbyrne said:
We're offering free shipping for all headers and exhausts that are ordered by September 19th. JBA is currently running a few weeks out in production of these.

Dbluegoat: I'd like to wish you and the other Florida good luck this week. The way things are going there will only be 49 states soon. :(
Thanks Tom, we pissed somebody off for sure.......

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Thanks Tom, we pissed somebody off for sure.......
And now they are pissing back on ya for sure.......
:drink::drink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts