Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the back of the new HPP is an SLP add. it shows pics of
18" HSV wheels for $1199, wheels only
SLP LOUDMOUTH for $599
and
1 5/8" Midlength headers for $939
i haven't seen these items on their website. so either their site is behind or they dont actually have them yet.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also right below it is an advertisement for LG motorsports. but if you go their website, they have NO products listed for the GTO. nice waste of money.

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
My Friend works at a speed shop and showed me the catalog. The Mid-length headers are Stainless and come with a cross pipe and cats. Maybe 900 plus bucks ain't so bad after all.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I want the loudmouth but I am concerned about the noise level for stupid California ordinances - 95dBA max. Apparently stock we're just shy of 80?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phobos512 said:
I want the loudmouth but I am concerned about the noise level for stupid California ordinances - 95dBA max. Apparently stock we're just shy of 80?
that could be an issue then.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
that could be an issue then.
Yeah, it could be...Check this email out that I got back from SLP regarding sound level:

SLP Email said:
Engineering is currently working on this. No decibel level is currently
available.
Thank you for your interest in SLP. If you would like to place an order you
may do so through e-mail or call 732-349-2109 ext 104.
Have a pleasant day,
Art

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phobos512 said:
Yeah, it could be...Check this email out that I got back from SLP regarding sound level:
so pretty much, they have no clue how loud it is. ok. haha.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
so pretty much, they have no clue how loud it is. ok. haha.
That's correct. Now Stainless Works on the other hand, I asked them about it and they said we don't know but if you tell us what the test method is we can try and find out. So I figured out the method and sent it to them so we shall see.

Exhaust Noise Test Thread

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
I had a Loudmouth on my '99 Trans Am. I hated it, the drone at 2000 - 2500 rpm made my teeth buzz. I wound up with a Corsa cat-back and loved it.

Chances are that the loudmaouth would be different for a true dual exhaust. I don't know

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
The SLP headers are probably still a ways away. I see this with alot of new products. Their GTO catbacks should be ready to ship soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am interested to know if the Loudmouth for the GTO will drone at that rpm range? If it doesn't sign me up, I will order it! The stock exhaust is to quiet for my liking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts