LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is still get supercharger put on but went to Ford Fun Weekend at California Speedway yesterday. It is obviously a Ford event with mostly Mustangs. 1/4 mi drags. It was nice and cool out, perfect weather. There were so many cars running low 10's and 11's it was incredible. The slow ones were running in the 12's. These were all daily drivers so be careful which Mustangs you pick to egg on, man.. there are a LOT of fast ones out there.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
GTOLarry said:
Well my car is still get supercharger put on but went to Ford Fun Weekend at California Speedway yesterday. It is obviously a Ford event with mostly Mustangs. 1/4 mi drags. It was nice and cool out, perfect weather. There were so many cars running low 10's and 11's it was incredible. The slow ones were running in the 12's. These were all daily drivers so be careful which Mustangs you pick to egg on, man.. there are a LOT of fast ones out there.
Very true.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
well, you can't expect to win every race you run. I would recommend keeping a closer eye out for the cops than the mods on your rival 'stang.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Funny how in this thread, where people are giving props to the Mustang, none of the Mustang zealots are here going "right on!". Guess they only care when we are insulting them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
phobos512 said:
Funny how in this thread, where people are giving props to the Mustang, none of the Mustang zealots are here going "right on!". Guess they only care when we are insulting them.
:wall:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
This only serves to prove my point. I guess if I posted my story about how, on the way back from getting the hood, I had a black Mustang GT vert from the 94-98 time frame fall in on my bumper, then I just hit it and took off like he was standing still, and he came back and gave me a pale faced look and a weak thumbs up (according to my g/f, I was watching the road), that would get a rise out of them? :gr_jest:

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
i like mach1's and cobras...

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
I like peanut butter and celery.

:D j/k

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
phobos512 said:

Right on. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I was asleep (the whole other side of the world time difference thing). Oh yea :sneaky: evil eye for you. :)

There are definitely a lot of quick Mustangs out there, the problems usually arise when SOME of the owners of these Mustangs have a bad attitude. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be a lot of animosity within the ranks of Mustang owners themselves.

I've had more than one fellow Mustang owner slam my car because it's supercharged (like it didn't come like that from the factory), or some other dumb reason. That's why I like to walk around and look at all the cars, from imports to domestics, it doesn't matter to me.

·
1,597 Posts
phobos512 said:
This only serves to prove my point. I guess if I posted my story about how, on the way back from getting the hood, I had a black Mustang GT vert from the 94-98 time frame fall in on my bumper, then I just hit it and took off like he was standing still, and he came back and gave me a pale faced look and a weak thumbs up (according to my g/f, I was watching the road), that would get a rise out of them? :gr_jest:

Wanna hear how I faired against a GTO? :cool:

No offense, but it kind of sounds like you are trying to create a bit of animosity between the Mustang and GTO guys. I apologize if I'm wrong, it's just the impression I get from some of your posts.

·
1,597 Posts
dozlert said:
Go ahead...I know you will tell us. Give us the whole story.

I was just messing around in response to another post, I've never encountered a GTO on the street. :p

Besides, I'm not sure I would stand a chance against a GTO, they have too nice of an interior..... :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
1,597 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
Yep, there will always be someone who has a faster car than you.

Never has there been a truer statement. :hail:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
leafbumperin said:
Now that's rediculous, at some point someone has to have the fastest car to where nobody is faster. :gr_jest:
Well there are those jet cars that could break the sound the barrier on the salt flats.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
Besides, I'm not sure I would stand a chance against a GTO, they have too nice of an interior..... :gr_jest: :gr_jest:
:gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
I've had more than one fellow Mustang owner slam my car because it's supercharged (like it didn't come like that from the factory), or some other dumb reason. QUOTE]

Now that's just not right.

Funny at the last auto fair, the other f-body's that are mod'ed differently I give big thumbs up to. If anything it gives me ideas of what I want to do to my car next. Last one a fellow SS owner had an ATI procharger that I finally liked how the setup looks and thinking about it. If anything I wanted to know more about the setup, I didn't slam him for it.

I do know some other camaro's owners have given a snub nose at my SS saying we think we are better then the Z28's. Well for 5gs, YOUR DANG RIGHT IT IS :gr_jest: Those 8 SS's are good for the extra 10hp ;)

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
Right on. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I was asleep (the whole other side of the world time difference thing). Oh yea :sneaky: evil eye for you. :)

There are definitely a lot of quick Mustangs out there, the problems usually arise when SOME of the owners of these Mustangs have a bad attitude. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be a lot of animosity within the ranks of Mustang owners themselves.

I've had more than one fellow Mustang owner slam my car because it's supercharged (like it didn't come like that from the factory), or some other dumb reason. That's why I like to walk around and look at all the cars, from imports to domestics, it doesn't matter to me.
Your are herding Goats or you are herding Mustangs, either way, you are a shepherd...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like Mustangs. I like all fast cars. I was impressed with the power of the GTO, but hated the looks, so I'll buy a Mustang. Whichever is faster, we are all having fun with our toys, right?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts