LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
04 GTO 6 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, as always.. 45 mins left in the black Friday deals and I ordered some goodies for what my laid off a$$ could afford.
Got a nice seat, hydro, quick release hub and a steering wheel.
Planning on pulling the motor and trans in the next few days to send the trans off to get new synchros then off to weld the diff!

·
Registered
04 GTO 6 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well time for a small but not much needed update. I'm still laid off from work and getting married in less than 2 months so still watching money but a few things have happened in the last month.
I pulled the motor and trans, and power washed my engine bay, motor and trans. Drove from Ohio to North Carolina to have Tick Performance rebuild my trans.
Trans got all new synchros, new bearings, a new reverse gear, a new 5th & 6th driven gear and a new 27 spline mainshaft.
Next on the list is...
  • a 1 piece driveshaft (thinking of going when Hinson)
  • MS4 cam from Texas speed
  • Clutch & flywheel (was leaning towards a stage 2 clutch and flywheel from monster clutches OR half price get a clutch and flywheel from a C6z06)??

Fixing to buy some 05,06 front knuckles to start my angle kit here in the following weeks.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,265 Posts
I may just be a dumb 2006 owner, but what is that box along the frame rail in front of the brake master and under the coolant overflow tank? The one with the heat shield.

·
LS9 FTW
283 Posts
I may just be a dumb 2006 owner, but what is that box along the frame rail in front of the brake master and under the coolant overflow tank? The one with the heat shield.
The PCM is housed inside that box.

·
Worthless reject member
45,033 Posts
The PCM is housed inside that box.
You're not dumb. The guy that designed it to sit in a spot where it needed a heatsheild from the frikkin exhaust manifold was dumb.

Origonally owning an 05, i never really understood the big deal about ecm relocation. Owning an 04 as well now, F U holden.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,265 Posts
VX/VY cars and LS2 VZs are like two different generations, it's wacky.

Godspeed OP on employment and wedding.

Reactions: GTO_Oh_Oh_Jeez_Rick

·
Registered
04 GTO 6 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well this week I did a lot of cutting and welding on the car. This is all for fitting before I make it all final but currently I have shortened steering knuckles, extended LCA by 1" and extended inner tie rods by 3"
Right now I'm at 53° of angle. Rumor is stage 2 of the Australian kit only offers 49° full lock 💁🏼‍♂️ here's a pic with stock tie rods and stock LCA

Here it is with extended LCA

Which allows more contact patch on the ground. Should settle more once the motor and trans is back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 GTO 6 speed
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well Further investigating my drivers tie rod that was at 3" the outer tie rod was against the lock nut on the inner tie rod so I took it back off and heated the nut up because it was frozen. Pushed that nut all the way max towards the center of the car. Put the outer tie rod on and just sat it down on the ground.. It's around 63° leading and following it's 52° with hitting the frame rail. Going to order wheel spacers to see if I can bump those numbers up.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts