LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been looking at getting the new GTO for about 2 years now and have finally picked up an 05 with only 600 miles on it. This is not going to be a daily driver and I would like to know how your club works. This website is really cool and I know Brad Marks from R/C car racing. My goal with this GTO is to have 500 rwhp. I have been shopping around for a deal on a Magna Charger Super Charger for it and it seems like the average price is around $5,500. Is this price standard or are there better deals out there for the Magna Charger? Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Hey Cha-Lee - welcome and congrats. What color did you get?

Any chance you can meet up with us tomorrow at the Kart Track?

·
uhhh... nice birdy...
693 Posts
Yeah, what color you end up with and where in Parker you at? I'm down in Pinery Glenn. (south side of town)...

Also, where you pick up the ride?

·
7,835 Posts
XENOCIDE said:
Yeah, what color you end up with and where in Parker you at? I'm down in Pinery Glenn. (south side of town)...

Also, where you pick up the ride?

dude you comin go kartin with us in the mornin?

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
CHA-LEE said:
Hello all, I have been looking at getting the new GTO for about 2 years now and have finally picked up an 05 with only 600 miles on it. This is not going to be a daily driver and I would like to know how your club works. This website is really cool and I know Brad Marks from R/C car racing. My goal with this GTO is to have 500 rwhp. I have been shopping around for a deal on a Magna Charger Super Charger for it and it seems like the average price is around $5,500. Is this price standard or are there better deals out there for the Magna Charger? Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Is that 500rwhp at altitude or sea level?

·
F-16, Now That's Some Ponies!
1,496 Posts
Welcome... It is an addiction! Once I get a second car as a daily driver, I plan on hitting the mods fast and furious. Oh, by the way... Go CHIEFS!!! :bootyshak

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedhotGTO> Thanks, It is Silver with Black interior and has the 18 inch rims from the factory. Where is the Go Kart Track and what time are you going to be having some fun out there? I have some time in the morning but have plans in the afternoon and evening.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XENOCIDE> I live in north Parker (Cotton Wood). I found my GTO at a GM dealership in Lakewood called "Alpine". The car actually has an interesting story. From what the Dealership told me the car was originally purchased by a hockey player from Canada for his then girlfriend. He wrote a 10K check for a down payment and then they broken up right after that, so he canceled the check and the girlfriend didn't want to pay for it so she had to give it back. I guess it had been sitting on their lot for about 3 months before they put it on the internet. I seen it the same day they posted it so I ran down there, checked it out and snatched it up. It is a rare find as most of the GTO's that I have been looking at with 10K - 20K miles on them look like they had been run through hell and back Twice. It is nice to start off with something you know hasn’t been beaten to crap before you get your hands on it.

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Welcome to the board Charliee - a lot of us here in the Denver/Springs area have added mods to our goats. You'll be in good company :)

You've got everything from all engine, to superchargers, to turbochargers.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grfperformance> 500 rwhp at sea level. I know that I would have to sink some HUGE money into it to get it to 500HP at altitude. With the little research I have done (which is very limited at this point and any pointers would be very welcome) I think I should be able to get there with the Magna Charger super charger and an upgraded exhaust. What do you think?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
CHA-LEE said:
I think I should be able to get there with the Magna Charger super charger and an upgraded exhaust. What do you think?
Steel Chicken is at 480rwhp SAE with his 2004 LS1, Magnacharger with aftermarket pulley, and custom camshaft + other mods.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GTO_Scott> I have seen a lot of comments about making the CAM shaft change in the LS1 engine. Does that also apply to the LS2 engine as well?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
CHA-LEE said:
GTO_Scott> I have seen a lot of comments about making the CAM shaft change in the LS1 engine. Does that also apply to the LS2 engine as well?
Yep, same thing. GRF has a LS2 and has done/helped with the most cam changes here on LSXs (I would think). I'm on my third aftermarket cam on my LS1.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GTO_Scott> Do the CAM shafts wear out that fast or are you just trying different lobe timing profiles?

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
CHA-LEE said:
grfperformance> 500 rwhp at sea level. I know that I would have to sink some HUGE money into it to get it to 500HP at altitude. With the little research I have done (which is very limited at this point and any pointers would be very welcome) I think I should be able to get there with the Magna Charger super charger and an upgraded exhaust. What do you think?
GTOgottago has a magnacharger and headers. I think he's putting down close to 480.

The best approach is to decide what you want to do with the car and then put together a plan. Most people up here have gone with forced induction to make significant power and it's a pretty easy fix.

Others, GTOScott and I like to do it the hard way, N/A. Whatever route, make a plan and then get the parts you need. Go fast.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Rocky Mountain herd!

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
grfperformance> Where can I find more information about the Forced Induction mod?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts