LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
Nice vid. You should really try do a burnout with those Nittos. It will help a lot on the launch. Car looks and sounds good going down the track :)

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Great vid doug, but I thought that the Nitto's would hook better than they did. What rpm were you launching at?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some launches I took off at 2500-2800rpm's, the car fell on its face. The ones where I got a little hop of the launch was 4-5k. Probably closer to 5k becasuse I was trying to hold it steady but was pretty nervous at the same time.

As far as the burnout's go......I can't do one!! I actually only tried once and the car bogged out in a parking lot. I really have no intrest in trying it on the street anymore and am afraid to embarass myself at the track. The line lock from slp is on the way.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Great videos. How much money have you spent so far?

·
KBAS
221 Posts
You turned off the T/C right???? That would bog the hell out of it.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
Its really not that hard. Try it in 1st first. Bring the rpm up to about 4500-5000 and dump the clutch. Immediately jump on the brake and modulate it so you don't bring the rpm down. A little creeping forward isn't that big a deal. Once you get the hang of it, then start doing the burnout in 2nd gear. This will put more heat in them in a shorter amount of time.

Don't forget to take the T/C off :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SLP Heads & Cam Package-2595
SLP double roller timing chain -179
SLP-assembly kit-199
SLP Power-Flo Exhaust-699
Taylor 10.4 wires-59
HP Tuners Tune-450
SLP 160 T-stat-20
CS MAF Tube-179
MPD Airbox-299
ASP pulley-250
NGK plugs-15
SLP MAF-169
MTI TB-359
SW LT headers-1300
Diff technics 3.91 gears-600
Nitto Drags-280
Mistakes:
JBA shorties-659
Ed wright tune-450
Installation-2500
RT Cat Pipes-599

Grand total-$11,860
I guess the whole thing could be duplicated for 10,000 bucks.

Keep in mind. I work at a dealership and I got a break on installation as well as a huges break in prices on all the SLP stuff. I just can’t post that info. I had a pretty modded vehicle before this so I sold all the performance parts and was able to re-coupe $5000.00 bucks from that. That coupled with the price breaks it's not as bad as it seems. I haven't installed or dyno'd the with the LT's either. I would assume there is another 20-25hp to be gained. I would guess I'd end up in the 430whp range. Pretty good especially since most people told the the SLP package was crap and that I shouldn't expect more than 360-370whp.

I'll keep practicing the launches.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I love the video and the car sounds great. More heat in the Nittos will help. I would leave the rears in the water and rev up to 4000 and dump the clutch and get that foot on the brake and then modulate the gas and let it creep forward. You want to see nice smoke on those babies. I want to get a mini DV so I can start to video and get it on the net! The last run I thought you had the SS but he clicked off an 11.9 . . . Was he shooting the juice?

Doc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts