LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To answer all the usual questions.

Car has stock front springs and struts and stock height Lovell springs in the rear with Konis. Rear fenders are at about a half roll. I do have some minor rubbing under certain circumstances, more so on the right side.

Front:

18x8.5 +45
245/45-18

Rear:

18x9.5 +45
275/40-18

Attachments

·
Eva, my new love
2,014 Posts
Looks good, you could have gone 40 in the front and 35 in the rear.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Put those tires on my 04 earlier this year. You're gonna love them.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Thats what I did. And last night I was wondering if I should have went this route with this size. I'm glad this thread popped up this morning.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, those rear tires look very meaty with a 40 series!

Nice color too!
Thanks! Car looks so much better with the wheel and tire coming out towards the fender in the rear.

Thanks!

Maybe if I were lowered, but the taller tire creates the illusion of a slight drop plus gives me a bit more sidewall for wheel protection and I like the look of extra sidewall. Besides, my car came with basically new 245/45-18s all around, so I only needed to by rear tires. If I went with the shorter tires, I would have more fender gap that would drive me crazy. I will still probably lower it a bit at some point but I am happy with it so far.

Put those tires on my 04 earlier this year. You're gonna love them.
I only put them on the rear for now. The car has brand new Bridgestones, so I didn't want to waste them while I get this car sorted. If they had a matching rear Bridgestone, I would have bought them instead because I prefer matching tires. I love the look of the Firestones and did a little back road running this weekend and I am happy with them. So, I will eventually get them for the front.

Thats what I did. And last night I was wondering if I should have went this route with this size. I'm glad this thread popped up this morning.
Yours turned out nice.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yours turned out nice.
Thanks. yours too. Since it clears, I may go with a taller tire next go round. or I have been considering 20" in the same exact wheels I have. they make a 20x8.5 in a 45 offset.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. yours too. Since it clears, I may go with a taller tire next go round. or I have been considering 20" in the same exact wheels I have. they make a 20x8.5 in a 45 offset.
20s just look too big to me on these cars, plus I could never go non-staggered. Staggered 19s with 40 series front and 35 series rear would be a good compromise.

Hell I have staggered FWD cars, just cuz it looks better to me. :lol:

·
WEEEEEEE
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that you've run the new setup for a couple of days, do you see any issues? Wish you had changed anything?

I'm looking to do the same size rims and am debating on offsets and tire size.

See here: https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843567
I am happy with the way it turned out. Of course a little more offset in the back would solve my rubbing issue, which is minor, but it would also pull the wheel and tire away from the lip which is what makes the fender look fuller. You can have the same width tire on the rear but if it’s tucked way up under the car, it creates the illusion of the narrower tire.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks Great!
Do you get a better launch? Any 0-60 times before and after?

On the "Far Side"
GET MUD FLAPS THAT CLIP ON AND ONLY RUN EM AT NIGHT,,LOL

:>)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks Great!
Do you get a better launch? Any 0-60 times before and after?

On the "Far Side"
GET MUD FLAPS THAT CLIP ON AND ONLY RUN EM AT NIGHT,,LOL

:>)
Thanks.

No time comparisons but it does seem to spin a little less. Did it mostly for looks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts