LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Is that FWD?
1,014 Posts
Ok so I decided against cutting. I rolled it. No heat. No cracking either. Just going slow. Used a rubber hammer too. Took it for a drive. Car rides much better than it did with my stock wheels. Had two people in the car with me trying to make it rub. It didn’t. So for now I’m good, and really like how it turned out. These no doubt feel at least

Can you take photo inside wheel well to see how far you rolled it with that tool. I was still thinking about rolling my fenders with that same tool. So the paint didnt crack or flake. Did you use heat gun.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Is it possible the camber is just an optical illusion due to the angle of the camera? Kind of like how if you take a picture of a bracket up close, the straight holes on the outer edge of the shot look angled, though they're straight up and down? I wonder if your camber is really all that bad. May be worth putting a nut on a string on the side of your fender to eyeball it. But that's only if you care. I have the same cheap tires, so uneven wear doesn't mean much to me either. ;)
It does have a little camber to it. Check your tires and see if there’s any more wear on the inside. I don’t recall any extra wear. But hey, if it does, I’d rather that than tear the tire up on the fender. I’m in the middle of pulling the fuel tank out for a 8.1 bucket mod. Then I’m gonna clean the car up and get some pics for you guys. I have a cruise I’m attending tomorrow and I gotta get the fuel straight because there’s some people that are gonna want to try me. Lol

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Can you take photo inside wheel well to see how far you rolled it with that tool. I was still thinking about rolling my fenders with that same tool. So the paint didnt crack or flake. Did you use heat gun.
For some reason I can’t get a good pic. The sun is beaming causing some glare and it’s under my carport. I’ll try to do it again this evening

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Cleaned the car up yesterday. Used the mothers cmx ceramic spray. That stuff is pretty easy to apply. And car looks killer. Pics as promised. Really liking the new look. Drives so nice too. Got it up to 90-100 just cruising on the “autobon” lol.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Think I need to lower the rear about 1/2”.....
I’d lower both actually to close some of that gap, looks almost even from over here. I find a little rake looks most good.

I just cut some of my fenders this weekend and having to go more, maybe well past the pinch welds next time which has me a little scurred, don’t want to cut more and still not be enough. Wheel shop says they won’t mill down a wheel either if the hub thickness at the stud boss is .5” or less, not enough meat they say.

275/30/19, et45 and I refuse to raise it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I’d lower both actually to close some of that gap, looks almost even from over here. I find a little rake looks most good.

I just cut some of my fenders this weekend and having to go more, maybe well past the pinch welds next time which has me a little scurred, don’t want to cut more and still not be enough. Wheel shop says they won’t mill down a wheel either if the hub thickness at the stud boss is .5” or less, not enough meat they say.

Or the other option is offset outer stubs......

https://gforce1320.com/product/gto-vz-billet-outer-stubs-lh-and-rh-5-offset/

these offset the wheels 1/2" inwards.

EDIT: damn! they are $750 now...they were like $550 several months ago iirc.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

BTW.....what springs do you have? hows it ride?

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,023 Posts
Agreed.

@Kfxguy That wheel selection looks great on your color GTO. The OEM brake calipers look great inside that wheel too. Makes me kind of miss mine...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I'm a few days late to this post, but the best spot I know to test for rubbing is on the I-12 airline hwy overpass headed to Denham. If it doesn't rub there, it wont rub ever. lol

·
Registered
779 Posts

BTW.....what springs do you have? hows it ride?
7-fitty ?!? I have less than that in wheels n tires - cuz I’m a baller on a budget.

I’m on BCs actually, probably mid setting IIRC and it’s been sitting for almost a year since I’ve been dailying my 96 Impala and just put these wheels on it coming from factory 18s.

In the brief spin up the block the extra inch of rubber does feel like it’s more planted but didn’t get up to any real speeds yet since I was just testing for rubs. I’m sure I have to trim at least another 3/8” and possibly center the cradle.

·
A4 PBM/RED 1 of 631-now 1of1
3,351 Posts
Cleaned the car up yesterday. Used the mothers cmx ceramic spray. That stuff is pretty easy to apply. And car looks killer. Pics as promised. Really liking the new look. Drives so nice too. Got it up to 90-100 just cruising on the “autobon” lol.

nice job...these are some of the nicest 5-spoke I've seen for our cars...do you have a rear shot of your setup?

·
Registered
534 Posts
A little late to the party here but I like these, and reasonable price as well! If I ever go to another set of wheels, I'm going 18x9 x 45mm up front and 18x9.5 x 50mm in the rear in this brand.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
nice job...these are some of the nicest 5-spoke I've seen for our cars...do you have a rear shot of your setup?
from what angle. i'm at work and i drove it today. I can take some pics.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts