DevilYellow said:
I want to see more of the engine close up and the interior....I love that look

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Yeah I seen it........ the other thing that got me was the RPM range it red lines at 64-6500 RPM's I would have loved to seen it run out 1st thru 4th but too much traffic for that not to metion the COPs were everywhere.

·
Silver Blur
1,054 Posts
the hood is awsome i'm not feeling the red interior or the rims i never did like them thats why mine got changed in a 12 hour span i picked up the car at 10 pm"they had a 24 hour sale at the pontiac dealership" and the next day at 8am i was at the tire place getting 19inch diablo rims

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that the 05 hood was supposed to be one of functionality. from the look of those pics, it looks like just a plastic insert inside the scoops like what is on mustangs.
mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hollywood said:
correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that the 05 hood was supposed to be one of functionality. from the look of those pics, it looks like just a plastic insert inside the scoops like what is on mustangs.
mike
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they are using the same 04 air box as well.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The hood scoops on the 05 were never meant to be functional...The sales brochure says "for enhanced engine cooling"...

That said, I think those particular scoops are ugly. I have to wonder why they didn't have an 18" package on that kit since this IS Woodward we're talking about.

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Well I was On Woodward at the GM Employee Gatheriing and I never saw the Orange GTO any where. I have friend still down there looking for it..

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I was at the GM display two guys jumped in the car and drove it off onto woodward. The engine sounded mean as hell and it looked even better when it was rolling. This car was one of the employee enthusiasm projects within general motors, not necessarily a production prototype though

·
2004 GTO Impulse/Bermuda M6
149 Posts
GoatHerder said:
When I was at the GM display two guys jumped in the car and drove it off onto woodward. The engine sounded mean as hell and it looked even better when it was rolling. This car was one of the employee enthusiasm projects within general motors, not necessarily a production prototype though

FYI, those two guys looked to me to be Gary Cowger (GM NA president) driving and Bob Lutz riding shotgun. Theyt got by me fairly quick though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts