LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Phantom Black/Red M6 today...I LOVE IT. Now, this is the first LS1/M6 vehicle that I've owned...but I've driven my share of C5 M6's through work and never noticed the exhaust sound that I do on my GTO. As I accelerate and get to above 3k-4k RPM the exhaust sound changes from a nice rumble to a nice rumble with some burping or slapping noises. These noises go away as soon as I upshift and the RPM drops. Is that normal? Thanks for your help...I'm new to all this! :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jbls1gto said:
I just picked up my Phantom Black/Red M6 today...I LOVE IT. Now, this is the first LS1/M6 vehicle that I've owned...but I've driven my share of C5 M6's through work and never noticed the exhaust sound that I do on my GTO. As I accelerate and get to above 3k-4k RPM the exhaust sound changes from a nice rumble to a nice rumble with some burping or slapping noises. These noises go away as soon as I upshift and the RPM drops. Is that normal? Thanks for your help...I'm new to all this! :)
Pontiac designed it to be a beast with the power on and calm down low, so yeah, that's normal. The stock exhaust, to make those sounds, has been found to be restrictive as hell. So keep that in mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts