LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PhantomBlack/Red_M6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbie/Waterford Hills Open Track Day

Hey you locals-
Just left my first post in the Lounge-that was fun! It shows a little of my excitement-

Have been keeping tabs on the get-togethers and Milan-I'll be there someday-
Discovered that Waterford Hills road Racing has another Open Track Day on Saturday, August 14. I'm GOIN'. I missed the one in May. Life is made of experiences and this is one I will not miss! Feel like I missed one at the Pontiac Test Drive at the Silverdome(hot laps with the pro drivers) I was planning on going but didn't-Stopped by at the end and just watched- It was cool-

Anyways-I'll be going-Anyone else interested. Here,s a link www.waterfordhills.com
Click on Open Track Day info near the bottom. All you need is a helmet ( i need to get one) and a hundred bucks for a full day of fun! Non competative(right) and safe-
Depending on participation, I guess they group you and you go out many times through the day.

I feel like I have new friends- How geeky-Yuck

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
sounds like fun but i just received my second ticket tonight so i might put the Goat to sleep for a little while.

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
SNDBX_GTO said:
Hey you locals-
Just left my first post in the Lounge-that was fun! It shows a little of my excitement-

Have been keeping tabs on the get-togethers and Milan-I'll be there someday-
Discovered that Waterford Hills road Racing has another Open Track Day on Saturday, August 14. I'm GOIN'. I missed the one in May. Life is made of experiences and this is one I will not miss! Feel like I missed one at the Pontiac Test Drive at the Silverdome(hot laps with the pro drivers) I was planning on going but didn't-Stopped by at the end and just watched- It was cool-

Anyways-I'll be going-Anyone else interested. Here,s a link www.waterfordhills.com
Click on Open Track Day info near the bottom. All you need is a helmet ( i need to get one) and a hundred bucks for a full day of fun! Non competative(right) and safe-
Depending on participation, I guess they group you and you go out many times through the day.

I feel like I have new friends- How geeky-Yuck
Sounds fun...I did not know they had open days. Even though I very near it...

If the weather is nice, I'll either be there in the stock GTO or at Stanton in my 01 Firebird for open test&tune. So, if you see a de-spoilered red GTO, let's keep it off the fences and out of each other! Take care. Dave

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Crap!! I'd love to take the GTO out on a road course and play, but I'm gonna be up at the off-road races in the U.P. that weekend (Bark River, over by Escanaba) Do they do this more than once a year?!?!

·
PhantomBlack/Red_M6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They had an Open Track day in May-I believe this is the second this season-
I will post any info I get in the future-

I found that they rent helmets there-I don't have to purchase one yet-

My buddy and I spent 7 hrs cleaning and waxing my Goat and his CTS today-Our wives aren't happy-but it was fun and looks great. It is neat to work on someone elses car, you get to appreciate the detail and design of others. His car is black-it is such a dark black. I'm used to my black metallic-different and cool-

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Too much going on for me w/ the wedding on the 28th of this month - but I'd love to do it. I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for next year...

2loco - what's this ticket about?
Dan

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Well I am out..................Goat in the hospital until next week sometime. hopefully they will have another one before the end of the year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, just remembered. They have so called "driving schools" put on by Waterford hills, scca, porsche club, etc. that you can roll into and race your street car all day for one or two bills. the only problem is that they make you drive one or two session with an instructor. If one comes up we should roll out there and take the goats out for some track feed !!!

·
PhantomBlack/Red_M6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed- The big day is tomorrow -I'm a little apprehensive
I can't wait until the adrenaline starts flowing-
Thanks for the imput guys-

Go Go Go...GTO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts