LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mmciau said:
Isn't Benecia(!) just up the port (inland) from San Francisco?

Mike
This site is great. We now have a guy from OZ giving us a geography lesson on the U.S.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Tails and 04bluegto,
Gentlemen,
I'm sorry I wasted the time you both required for reading my request about the location of the unloading port on the West Coast and the time you both put aside to post such enlightening responses.
Kind regards to you both.

Mike

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
04bluegto said:
talked to Wanda the boat leaves May 5th my goat was bulit 4/24 its almost kind of not here!!!
maybe that means that mine is on it too. TPW was this week or last. not totally sure. should fine out soon though

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mmciau said:
Tails and 04bluegto,
Gentlemen,
I'm sorry I wasted the time you both required for reading my request about the location of the unloading port on the West Coast and the time you both put aside to post such enlightening responses.
Kind regards to you both.

Mike
Hmm I don't know how to take that. My post was meant to harass the people from the states that didn't know where Benicia is located. My humor didn't translate very well. Apologies.
:drink: :drink:

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
:thumbs: i thought that was cool the aussie knew where the port was. i just found where it was a little while ago. i like this site for reports from people that can give us the heads up. tails, i got the humor too. i know that the inflection of a joke doesn't come across right sometimes on the internet. i do it all the time. :thumbs:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Tails and 04bluegto,
Gentlemen,
I wholeheartedly and unreservedly except your explanations. I too can be a so-and-so and hurriedly type words and phrases that can be misread/misunderstood and misconstrued and as we often say in Australia - "spend the next few minutes changing feet!"
You can both be reassured that I what I wrote was without any malice and I thought that a sometime, some smart *7se comment requires a "dose of Australian laconic humour".

I do enjoy the repartee that prevails in this forum so if you both agree, let's all get on with it.

Regards to you both and really, no hard feelings on my part.

Mike

PS, I visited the US in 1974 for a 26 day Indianapolis 500 Tour with 200 other Australians.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Humor

mmciau said:
Tails and 04bluegto,
Gentlemen,
I wholeheartedly and unreservedly except your explanations. I too can be a so-and-so and hurriedly type words and phrases that can be misread/misunderstood and misconstrued and as we often say in Australia - "spend the next few minutes changing feet!"
You can both be reassured that I what I wrote was without any malice and I thought that a sometime, some smart *7se comment requires a "dose of Australian laconic humour".

I do enjoy the repartee that prevails in this forum so if you both agree, let's all get on with it.

Regards to you both and really, no hard feelings on my part.

Mike

PS, I visited the US in 1974 for a 26 day Indianapolis 500 Tour with 200 other Australians.
Well! That about explains the great 1974 beer shortage!... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts