LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my GMM shifter and went out this afternoon to make some 1/4 mile runs with the G-tech pro. Made 3 passes with the best being 13.25 sec at 109 mph (4.9 sec 0-60mph). That was with a lot of tire spin in first and some in second gear. Second best run was with zero tire spin in first (13.56 sec at 107 mph, 5.1 sec 0-60mph). I had no trouble shifting gears with the GMM like I did with my stock shifter. The G-tech is very consistent and I think is pretty accurate also.

I want to make some base-line runs on a track before I install my maggie. I think I could get better times at a track than on the street due to traction, but I have never raced on a track before. Anyone know of any local events coming up in the next week or two? If so, is anyone going? Thanks.

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
A few of us guys will be going to Infineon on Wednesday, 10/11 (work permitting).

·
73 Plymouth Barracuda
695 Posts
Your best bet would be sac on wed night.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, those are all good options. Saturday in Lodi might work well for me. As a newbie to drag racing, what do I need to bring (besides my car :drink: )? I guess I will need a helmet right? Sacramento or Infineon also would be good, but I'm coaching a soccer team and we practice on Weds nights.

·
73 Plymouth Barracuda
695 Posts
If you run faster than 14 seconds you'll need a helmet.

·
Get to the choppah!
516 Posts

·
73 Plymouth Barracuda
695 Posts
Yes, we'll be there

·
Get to the choppah!
516 Posts
On my way out the door right now, see you guys there :gears:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy, I missed another one. My kids had soccer all morning again and since I'm the coach I can't miss the games. I hope you all had fun and hopefully I'll get out to meet some of you soon.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
I'm glad I drug my but out there today. Had a good time trying to watch drag racers street race. Traction was a slight issue all the way down the track, from what I was watching. One slingshot dragster hit the wall down towards the end of the track, no one hurt. Good nastogia feel to it, though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
hey all ... I am in town for a week or so and wanted to come out and watch some norcal action ... I found Sac raceway on the web ... what else is close and where is it? pleasse skip the abbreviations :) anything going on tomorrow (Sunday)? any of you planning on being out Wed night 10/11?

thanks in advance!
have a great time :)

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
D-GTO said:
hey all ... I am in town for a week or so and wanted to come out and watch some norcal action ... I found Sac raceway on the web ... what else is close and where is it? pleasse skip the abbreviations :) anything going on tomorrow (Sunday)? any of you planning on being out Wed night 10/11?

thanks in advance!

Sunday's usually don't have the 1/4 mile tracks open. Wed night will be open at Sac and Infineon, where I think quite a few goats are going. Even though you will be from out of town, watch out for the smog nazis as you leave Sac Raceway.
Good luck and I hope to see some numbers from you regardless of where your racing at. :)

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
D-GTO said:

thanks in advance!
D-GTO where ya staying..let the nor-cal boys show you a good time....let me know where your staying and when you wanna meet up..or pm me and ill pm you my number...maybe a few of us will show you around..

·
73 Plymouth Barracuda
695 Posts
Wow, had a great time today.Alot of nostoliga.Couldn't get enough of watching all the cars race. Hey they are going to do it again in May, we should all go out there.

·
Get to the choppah!
516 Posts
Me too, had a great time!

Carcrazygirl, your hubby did a number on that Camaro, very :cool:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well i was very impressed with the turnout. I believe i met Red Alert?? Craig was that you? also saw a young lady in a black GTO on my way in and another cat on the return road.. forgot his name. My wife got some video..me laying rest to a yute in a mustang, me being schooled by Red Alert, and Red Alert taking out a late model Saleen..said supercharged on it...whoopie. What a good time i had today.:patriot:
BTW, if i could ever figure out how to post pics and videos id die a happy man. sorry :drink: :nuts:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts