LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the next Ship will be the "Straits Venture" leaving for Benecia,Ca on March 19! :bubbrub

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
March 19th!?!?!

That sucks....... my goat has been waiting since the week of Feb 23...... almost a month later it finally gets a ride?!?!? That's BS!

For 700 bucks I could get it here cheaper and faster!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
edge929 said:
March 19th!?!?!

That sucks....... my goat has been waiting since the week of Feb 23...... almost a month later it finally gets a ride?!?!? That's BS!

Ordered 8-1-03, original TPW was 11-24-03 then changed to 1-14-04 and then finally built 1-21-04. Then loaded 2-20-04
Now the ship docks 3-11-04 and they won't start unloading till the 15th. Now how many more weeks will it take to get it? :wall:

·
Registered
141 Posts
4th GTO said:
Then loaded 2-20-04. Now the ship docks 3-11-04 and they won't start unloading till the 15th. Now how many more weeks will it take to get it? :wall:
edge929 said:
Where do you guys get all the detailed shipping information?

I wouldn't feel bad at all with the $700 destination charge, when I bought my 3/4T HD 6.5TD 5sp pickup a few years back, it was built in Flint, MI, I live about 16 miles from there, still, $700! So I feel like I'm getting my monies worth on this order! BTW, there's no way you could ship a car from Australia for $700. I've shipped cars to europe on occasion, $900 min, not including ground transportation(MI->East coast ~$250, then there's the charges on te other side as well), I've never checked prices to Australia, but I'm SURE it's not cheaper. :)

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Yeah, I figured as much......just looking for an excuse to be upset. :D

I ordered 9/12/03 and finally got my TPW of 2/23/04.

I was originally 7th in line for a GTO at my dealership, then 3 guys backed out in december and then another guy backed out when his car came, so my dealership has 2 GTO's on the lot, none of which I want (colors). This ultimately put me 2nd in line with a frickin 2/23/04 TPW........ oh well, at least the weather here sucks big time...

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,588 Posts
Destination charge used to be based on how far the dealership was from the domestic origin point, be it the factory or the port. People of course were willing to drive halfway across the country to save a few hundred bucks on a destination fee. To prevent that, automakers now charge an "average" delivery fee that is uniform across the country. That means people who live next to the port in California pay more to subsidize delivering cars to buyers in New England.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts